BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

QUESTION: How do vehicles that "snap fire" template weapons work?

Cheers for all your efforts!

A quick question on a picture you posted in the first thread with the weapons. There seem to be a missile launcher with 3 different missiles behind it, so we have frag and krak as now, but what's the 3rd kind? And will all missile launchers now have an additional munitions choice or is that something new?

Cheers

Veteran-Sergeant

Whoa. Those telepathic psychic powers are going to be huge for Eldar. But the thing that really caught my eye was the Skilled Rider. +1 Jink save on my Dark Eldar reavers? I'll take that any day of the week. With an Eldar allied Farseer that unit will be very resilient, especially if you're doing turbo-boosted bladevane attacks and caltrop bombardments.

POWER WEAPONS

If a power weapon just says power weapon and has no addtional rules, use the following:

maces, and blunt weapons count as power maul
    spears, lances count as power lance
    swords count as power swords
    axes and halberds count as power axes

power sword - S user, ap 3, melee
    power axe - S+1, AP 4 melee, unwieldly
    power lance - S+1/user AP3/4, melee
    power maul - S+2, AP4, melee

power lance has 2 profiles, first being on the charge second being i normal combat.

Chapter-Master

That's pretty cool.

Chapter-Master

Excuse me krittoris, I was curious if we could get some enlightenment on how Tyranids are getting a major buff to compensate for the lack of allies? Others who have the rulebook early share your position; what else is there outside the new monstrous creatures? I know you mentioned that Tyranid monstrous creatures should expect to be FAQ'd as eternal warriors.
    Cheers.

One of the biggest changes I hoped for was a change to the way" Fearless" and "no retreat" works. I'm absolutely sick and tired of the 5th edition system where fearless models die in droves because of losing a CC while troops passing a moral test and deciding to stay in the combat suffered no further wounds.

Fearless should have been renamed reckless, or careless and really needed to be changed. If they don't change the way "no retreat" worked then they have really missed out on one of the biggest problems of the core rules in 5th edition, one that was seriously killing Ork and Tyranid armies, and wasn't particuarly kind to chaos armies either.

Can you elaborate on how "battle-brothers" interact? What are the limitations? SC? Swapping transports? etc.

SNAP FIRE AND TEMPLATES/BLASTS

you cannot fire them as nsap fire if the weapon shot is a template or blast

MISSILE LAUNCHER

sorry mate, dont see anything for a third type of shot

FURIOUS CHARGE

thank you, just double checked, it is + 1 Strenght, my sincerest apologies with this one, my mistake.

Chapter-Master

I don't really mind Fearless to be honest. Not when (hopefully it is allowed) Fateweaver will be giving me re-rollable saves with my Thousand Sons

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast