BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Charistoph View Post
    Yes, because the game wasn't broken when Allies weren't available and when armies were based on percentages... Oh, wait, yeah, that's wrong, it was broken then, too.
    Depends on what you consider "broken".
    Was hero hammer broken when we had percentages? Yes. Is hero hammer still a thing? Hardly. Would hero hammer be an issue again because of percentages? Not more than now (perhaps even less).
    Did we have broken units in every edition? Sure. Will ANYTHING prevent that from happening? No way. In 2nd edition it was the flying vortex exarch, in 3rd we had banshee + serpent + WW spam, in 4th we had the invincible falcon and warlock blobs, in 5th we had Eldrad and Runes of Warding and now we got serpent spam and jetseers.
    Most "scary" combos wont work under percentages anymore. There are very few of them which either would not exceed the % limitation or survive without allies.
    A seerstar with 1 Farseer and 5 Warlocks is not scary. The only thing which would still work 100% is a DE Beaststar... but they will get their new codex in time.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    You were expecting Spielberg, or perhaps Kafka?
    Personally, I was expecting John Carpenter or Ridley Scott.

Meet in the middle and agree Francis Ford Coppola?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Sergeant

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Why in God's name did I click play on that video when the preview frame was basically the whole damn thing.

I seriously loathe GW's marketing group.
    One day they will invent a new type of image that repeat an animation. Until that day you will have to hit 'play' on the video...

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    Personally, I was expecting John Carpenter or Ridley Scott.
    Clearly I thought Michael Bay was on the GW Payroll.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

From Dakka (apparently from the next WD):
    2 new Force Organizations. ("Battle-Forged" or foc And "Unbound" take whatever) battle forge gives bonuses. New Missions using tactics cards in addition to our current Eternal War Missions, a new "Psychic Phase" of the game, and the full article next week.
    New psychic discipline available to everyone but nids(lol). Psychic phase sounds a lot like fantasy.
    EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokiecow View Post
    One day they will invent a new type of image that repeat an animation. Until that day you will have to hit 'play' on the video...
    And no one will agree how to pronounce its name.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
    From Dakka (apparently from the next WD):

Those bonuses better be huge or else...

Defenestratus whips out the credit card to purchase 5 more Wraithknights.

I wouldn't really do that. But I know others would.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

From Natfka:
    via an anonymous source on Faeit 212
    The FoC chart is still in the new 40k edition and if you follow it you have what is known as a "Battle Forged" army. It awards (unlisted) bonuses for using the FoC.You can also take a unbound army, these allow you to take whatever you want from your collection and toss out the FoC (while still adhering to unit size and heeding the relationships described in the new Allies Matrix.

Another thing is objective cards, so the objectives of the game can change each turn. The deck will be 36 cards.

There is also a physic phase confirmed now. A pool of warp charge dice is created at the start of the psychic phase, equal to 1d6 + mastery lvl of psychers. You can use as many dice as you like, but increase risk of perils of the warp (which is now a table you roll on.) Enemy psychers can draw on warp charge pool to Deny the Witch and nulify powers.

Also Eternal warrior missions still exist but in addition there are 6 new Maelstrom of War Missions.

via another anonymous source on Faeit 212
    Additional information that a Battle Forged list can take as many detachments as they wish, and still get bonus's.. The Unbound lists, is very much whatever you want to throw in to do a battle, and you get to choose which you want to play, and your opponent can do the same.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
    From Natfka:
    What kind of bonuses could they possibly bestow for FOC armies that would offset me taking 6 WK's or 6 Nightwings or something similar?

My friend said this is going to be the FOC bonus rule:
    Force your opponent to shave his neckbeard and take a bath, while he is away you can crush any of his models underfoot you so desire

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    You were expecting Spielberg, or perhaps Kafka?
    I think he was hoping for a little more. Not a whole lot more. Just a wee bit more

Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast