BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Iron Warriors Codex, 101 page PDF

Hello, I've been writing this in my spare time, basically trying to come up with ideas, mechanics and units I'd like to see in a future C:CSM through the context of the Iron Warriors. Primarily this is simply intended for discussion, controversy, and to provoke critical thinking from players about the game and what they would like to see in a future Codex: Chaos Space Marines, not so much a "WE NEED AN IRON WARRIORS CODEX" project, but rather a way to generate ideas for what people want out of the Chaos Space Marines.

I don't expect that this will actually be used by almost anyone, but if you want to give the army list an actual try and post feedback, please do by all means! I've tried to limit the potential for abusiveness, but one person writing a fandex cannot (or will not) see all things at all times, so if you see something or try something out on a table that's just far too silly, please say so, but keep an open mind and read through the entire thing and work out the costs on anything you see as rather powerful and compare it so similar equivalents.

I also realize that the game isn't exactly in need of more Spehse Mahreen Codex books (this is the sorta thing that White Dwarf/Forge World should do), I've been a rather vocal proponent of this myself. Again, this is primarily for discussion and building excitement for the game, for people to see what they like and don't like, for what we all hope to see when C:CSM is redone again, and maybe someone of some importance will eventually hear something generated by said discussion and find that they like it.

Far more extensive notes and discussion on this project can be found here: [url]http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=289998[/url]

Link to PDF: [url]http://www.mediafire.com/file/n7pwhv33o2xj64v/Iron%20Warriors%20Final%20Draft%201.03.pdf[/url]

Anyway, give it a look over, see if there's anything you think would be cool for a future C:CSM, or that you think is pants on head retarded. And please, compare the relative costs and loadouts of units in here to units in C:SM/SW/BA/GK before flipping out There's some stuff (as with any codex) that looks incredible until you look at the cost and compare it with equivalents and realize its very expensifve, though that said, obviously I am human and can't catch everything. I've tried to make this fairly reasonable and most costs align similarly with the current C:CSM except for those I feel were out of whack to begin with. Also, when looking at the army wide special rules, take them in the context of other army wide special rules that aren't really paid for within the context of the army list given GW's 5E design paradigm, like IG's Orders & Vehicles Squadrons, C:SM's Combat Tactics/Squads/ATSKNF, C:BA's Descent of Angels/ATSKNF/Red Thirst, C:SW's Counterattack/Acute Senses/ATSKNF, DE's Power through Pain/Acute Senses, etc.

Have at it!
    Last edited by Vaktathi; 06-25-2011 at 01:51 AM.

1.02 version. Finalized rules section pending review in a couple months, looking for comments/help with the layout/writing/editing/fluff/etc. [url]http://www.mediafire.com/?3t19atiwgs022bb[/url]

Brother-Sergeant

Had a look at your Codex must say I am impressed very professional well thought out and love the introduction of the new units they gel well with Iron Warriors theme. This is first impressions after some more thought and reading I can give you some more feedback if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimnar42 View Post
    Had a look at your Codex must say I am impressed very professional well thought out and love the introduction of the new units they gel well with Iron Warriors theme. This is first impressions after some more thought and reading I can give you some more feedback if you want.
    Sure feel free, I'll have an update here soon, mostly for fluff/clarity stuff.

New update, link in original post! Mostly fluff/layout and language edits, nothing huge done to the rules.

Kriegschmidt has been using this dex and made some super cool conversions.

[url]http://www.warseer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5651717&postcount=44[/url]