BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

No warriors yet as far as i'm aware. Could that back up the older rumour that Warriors would be a 2nd wave launch?
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Brother-Captain

Well aside from (obviously) being more dynamic in posing and having an actual option when it comes to weapons...

They seem a lot bulkier than the old metal models. The default weapon they have is actually huge in comparison to the old one.

The shoulders are actually a little smaller, now, but the rest of the body is bulked up considerably, and they have a sort of 'collar' that the old models don't have.

The heads are different, too. Lacking an icon on their forehead in favour of a cleaner skull with those nifty lines leading up from their eyes.

Edit: All of the above is, of course, regarding the new plastic Immortals in comparison to the old metal ones.
    Last edited by Kawauso; 10-15-2011 at 08:23 AM.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    No warriors yet as far as i'm aware. Could that back up the older rumour that Warriors would be a 2nd wave launch?
    I can't help but wonder if the death of the green acryllic rods means that kits like the Warriors/Monolith are going to be re-released with an update that reflects this (plus I mean, Warriors have to have some options in the new codex, and these will have to be reflected in a kit that's at least partly new).

There were some rumours regarding options becoming available for Monoliths at some point, I think...which would mean that there'd be another reason to update that kit, green rods aside.

Regarding what 'new' gauss guns ought to look like...does anyone else think that the guns on the Ghost Ark are the weapons the embarked troops use? It looks to me like while they're embarked their weapon is placed in a temporary automated mount (as they're all standing with their arms across their chests) of some sort. Or maybe the embarked troops are controlling them vis-a-vis what looks like a direct spinal link they have with the transport while embarked?
    Last edited by Kawauso; 10-15-2011 at 08:22 AM.

Librarian

On the topic of astectics.
    Most of those head crests look much more like Japanese Maedate, found on Kabuto helmets; rather then anything Egyptian.

It is not the combat I resent, brother. It is the thirst for glory that gets men cut into ribbons.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kawauso View Post
    Regarding what 'new' gauss guns ought to look like...does anyone else think that the guns on the Ghost Ark are the weapons the embarked troops use? It looks to me like while they're embarked their weapon is placed in a temporary automated mount (as they're all standing with their arms across their chests) of some sort. Or maybe the embarked troops are controlling them vis-a-vis what looks like a direct spinal link they have with the transport while embarked?
    Cos a vehicle with one big gun and 10 defensive weapons is Hi-larious as far I'm concerned

Not to mention rumours of a 2+ invulnerable until its failed on the vehicle....

How exactly are we meant to kill this thing?
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Brother-Captain

Well, again, like you said: rumours.

We thus far have no idea whatsoever what the new codex will play like.

Brother-Captain

WAIT!! I've found the true aesthetic the new Necrons are based upon, and it's far more terrifying than we could have imagined:

Regardless of what aesthetic someone chooses to recognize, I'm still going to file those silly little party hats down replace them with something a bit less Lady Gaga.

Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

Fly Lord

Those Necrons commanders are all King Julian to me:

It also makes the army much more entertaining to imagine all the orders being sent out in King Julian's voice to his hapless robot minions...
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Brother-Sergeant

Ahh the Interwebz. The only place where you can have 4 pages of leaked pictures and then 8 pages of debate over the aesthetics of an army.

Like the new Necrons. Not as much as a true Necron player, but still.

Brother-Captain

Ohhhh!!! The horror!! The horror!!

Stop it, man! I won't be able to sleep tonight!
    Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast