BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Librarian

has anyone actually figured out what is in the normal gunners position on the landspeeder? it just looks like a lump of silver something or other to me.

if i got one though i would have gunner in proper position and rebuild the front of the speeder.

Some kind of shield generator is my bet.

Not going on anything, except it looks shield generatory to me.

Perhaps that's what the Pulpit one does? Throws out a bubble shield? I mean any power source capable of powering dual plasma cannons is likely pretty dashed pokey!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    Is that not because they are Ravenwing? I thought all Ravenwing were black, what with Ravens being black and all. Stupid Ravengaurd wannabes.
    I wasn't aware Ravenwing were differently colored. I thought all Dark Angels were green with ivory.
    "What scares us is I think we needed violence."
    http://reddragons40k.blogspot.com/

Librarian

the way they work is,
    normal marines are green with the sergeants being indoctrinated into the deathwing having either robes (be it a bath robe or a towel tucked in their belts).

the ravenwing retain their pre heresy colours named for the pre lion black riders, who cleared the forests of caliban of chaos tainted monsters, these guys know a little of the 'truth'

the deathwing however know most of the truth and all have bone armour or robes (TDA bone, PA robes with green PA).

the fallen DA however all wear black with their robes in ivory and red, as red was their real alternate colour.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt Codpiece View Post
    has anyone actually figured out what is in the normal gunners position on the landspeeder? it just looks like a lump of silver something or other to me.

if i got one though i would have gunner in proper position and rebuild the front of the speeder.
    Its the power supply for the Shield generator/plasma cannons on the back. Shield generator supposedly gives stealth to units within 12" and the cannons fire either 3 small or 1 large template. Or so I've heard.
    Last edited by Subexarch; 12-20-2012 at 01:18 PM.

Deathwing Knights: Terminators with WS5, Storm Shields, power mauls and special rules, incl. Hammer of
    Wrath and "Smite" which makes them strike at S10 AP2 for one round. BTW both DW terminators and the knights can be fielded in units of 10 now! Oh and the DW can take plasma cannon and they have USR "split fire"!!!!
    As a GK player i am forced to go compare terminators first. ws5 str6, terminator armor and stormshield, possibility to strike at s10 ap2 if the source is correct. (And no mention of unwieldy etc i1- stuff) plus they probably re-roll stuff in close combat (see quote below)

DW knights and black knights have a rule called "Inner Circle" and in the battlereport it is mentioned as giving them some form of re-roll in close combat.
    interesting. interesting. what kind of re-rolls would those be? re-roll attacks (without a chaplain of anykind), re-roll failed armor saves? or re-roll wounds? (or a combination of all three)

Dark Talon: Rift cannnon (no rules sited), hurricane bolters and stasis bomb (one use only, dropped on an enemy for - 3 WS and - 3 I)
    interesting to see if that -3ws and -3I are for one round or for the rest of the game.

Niphilim fighter: heavy bolters, blacksword missiles (no rules sited, but the battle report later in the issue mentions that the fighter is supposed to be good at taking on enemy flyers, so I guess the missiles are for that), avenger mega bolter/lascannon.
    I wonder if i could get Vulcan Mega Bolter with psybolt on my GK Storm Raven if i asked nicely

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt Codpiece View Post
    the way they work is,
    normal marines are green with the sergeants being indoctrinated into the deathwing having either robes (be it a bath robe or a towel tucked in their belts).

the ravenwing retain their pre heresy colours named for the pre lion black riders, who cleared the forests of caliban of chaos tainted monsters, these guys know a little of the 'truth'

the deathwing however know most of the truth and all have bone armour or robes (TDA bone, PA robes with green PA).

the fallen DA however all wear black with their robes in ivory and red, as red was their real alternate colour.
    The Deathwing wear bone armor to honor the squad that landed on a recruiting world overrun by nids. Planetary tradition said the would paint themselves with ash and go forth to die. They didn't.
    Did anyone else notice the spikey on the cover art? Playing up the might be chaosy?

I CAN'T WAIT FOR JANUARY...

Yessssssss....
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Anyone got that mystery list to hand? Do any of these releases correlate?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcard View Post
    As a GK player i am forced to go compare terminators first. ws5 str6, terminator armor and stormshield, possibility to strike at s10 ap2 if the source is correct. (And no mention of unwieldy etc i1- stuff) plus they probably re-roll stuff in close combat (see quote below)

interesting. interesting. what kind of re-rolls would those be? re-roll attacks (without a chaplain of anykind), re-roll failed armor saves? or re-roll wounds? (or a combination of all three)

interesting to see if that -3ws and -3I are for one round or for the rest of the game.

I wonder if i could get Vulcan Mega Bolter with psybolt on my GK Storm Raven if i asked nicely
    Yikes.

I'm going to reserve judgement on a "broken" comment but Str 10 AP 2 @ I4 (presumably) makes Sword of Sanguinius a cheap parlor trick.

Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast