BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

They could have put a couple of pages in explaining why these races would ally so the stupid people get it, they did it for 'why would Demonhunters fight non-demons'.

I am excited about seeing some Xenos terrain, I must admit. Perhaps I am being harsh and overly cynical, but I just can't shake the feeling that commercial origins, rather than gaming ones, underly these additions. They took Dogs of War out because they broke the game and the Warhammer ally matrix is based on two people's playing together so why change it? But hey, if it works for other people, enjoy the allies, hte beuaty of the game is my group can choose not to use it if we wish while yours embrace and modify it to suit your gaming.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Yes but how many people actually read those pages? Arguments about whether or not GK would fight non-daemons were prevalent on Arseer right up to when the latest GK book was released. Then they had other things to moan about.

Well I'm sure commercial considerations were taken into account, but I think in general we got something that worked for everyone.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Yes but how many people actually read those pages? Arguments about whether or not GK would fight non-daemons were prevalent on Arseer right up to when the latest GK book was released. Then they had other things to moan about.

Well I'm sure commercial considerations were taken into account, but I think in general we got something that worked for everyone.
    Except Nids.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Nids have no friends.
    "Nobody likes you"
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

True. But they haven't had a break since 2008, new pretty plastic kits not withstanding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    Except Nids.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    Nids have no friends.
    "Nobody likes you"
    Friends, food, what's the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    True. But they haven't had a break since 2008, new pretty plastic kits not withstanding.
    Good point, we should be used to it by now. Still, we're faring better than Eldar by all accounts.

Well, for a 2006 codex intended for 4th edition they aren't doing too badly. 'nids have a book intended for 5th and they were quite sub-par. I'm glad 6th have boosted them a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    Friends, food, what's the difference?
    Sounds like Zoidberg?

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    Sounds like Zoidberg?
    Help friends, a guinea pig tricked me!

Hahahaha!

Now I want orange Ymgarl Genestealers.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast