BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Default Doom of Mymearea & Eldar Corsairs

So I finally picked up Doom of Mymearea, and after reading (and inconjunction with the new ally rules) I thought it might be fun to do a small Corsairs army to ally with my Muhreens or IG.

With that being said, I could sure use some advice on where to start with said purchasing. If any of my lovely eldar players that have famliliarity with that book want to chime in, it would be quite appreciated.

www.queencityguard.com

Veteran-Sergeant

I think a good place to start would be a box of guardians, the corsair conversion kit, a warp hunter and someone to represent either a void dreamer, or a corsair prince. That'll give you a good HQ, the experience of modeling up your basic troop and a mainline tank, giving you a good core to build around.

The Wasp War Walkers are pretty intriguing to me, a squadron of 3 could hold a backfield objective and still have the range to get some shots off.

Banned

The corsair kits themselves are nice, though a bit fiddly to put together. The 10 man one doesn't come with the guardian sprues, but the heavy weapon one did have a 4 man sprue (at least when I picked it up). I mixed mine up with [URL="http://collegiatitanica.blogspot.com.au/search/label/TRONdar"]Eldar and Dark Eldar[/URL] kits for a more mercenary appearance.
    You'll also have a ton of heavy weapon sprues leftover from any Wasp kits you buy, as they have a complete War Walker and the Wave Serpent weapon sprue.

If you're going full corsair and aren't getting many Jet Pack upgrades, the 10 man kit is superfluous as you could proxy any shuriken cats as lasblasters and use the packs from the heavy kits - but I think the packs are a good choice, though if you're min-maxing your units do note that the packs are a flat cost in the list not on a per model basis.
    Also note that a 10 man squad can have two special and two heavy weapons in it, which is pretty crazy and can put out a hell of a lot of firepower on the move.

And check out this facebook post that answers some of the horrible errors that plague the book: [URL="http://www.facebook.com/ForgeWorldUK/posts/347924858558134"]http://www.facebook.com/ForgeWorldUK/posts/347924858558134[/URL]
    such as how much the webway portal is and who can take it, as well as the transport capacity of the Falcon.

The Void Dreamer is an ok choice if you have the points, but with the allies rules you're probably better bringing in a Farseer and a trio of Jetbikes - but the Farseer can't get a jetpack, so be wary of that.

Chapter-Master

Hornets. Vehicles are a bit crap in 6th, but even with just 2 hull points the hornets are good. Either 2 scatters lasers for 8 S6 shots or Pulse Lasers for 4 S8 at BS4.

Warp hunters are great too and the Phoenix is shaping up to be a great aircraft, pending the new Aeronautica book.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Corsair squads with jet packs and EMLs make a mobile, scoring, long range fire unit for reasonably cheap. Corsair Jetbikes are also pretty good. Normal Eldar bikes are kind of overpriced, but for only a few points more Corsair bikes are BS4, Scout, and have 2 CCWs (with Hammer of Wrath now basically making them 4 attacks on the charge). The Wasp walkers aren't bad, but seem kind of pricey compared to standard Walkers.

As far as FA, Hornets are really good, also the Corsair Night Spinner takes a FA slot instead of HS. The Phoenix and Warp Hunters are both fantastic choices for HS.

Chapter-Master

How do we feel about the Shadow Specters and their Lord? Good? Bad? Ambivalent?

www.queencityguard.com

I rather like them to be honest, they're highly mobile, really survivable, and make piecemeal of anything with an AV.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Very pricey, not particularly impressive.

Yep, the Shadow Spectres went from 'ok anti tank/meq' in the test rules to '...just going to proxy them as Dark Reapers if it's all the same to you' in the finished product. Very dissapointing.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast