BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

I liked the first Transformers film, the others not so much. Bay is a ****ing misogynist (not just for this incident) too, he deliberately killed off the female Autobot trio just because they were popular female characters and he didn't like them. This was actually retconned by the comic book adaptation, and you know something is wrong when a blockbuster film is being retconned by its comic book.

I do get annoyed when people talk about the films 'destroying their childhood memories' and whatnot. Because nothing has the power to do that except you.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

that has jogged my memory to track down a copy of Clive Barker's Nightbreed!
    Now that is an interesting film. I used to cosplay Decker every Halloweed during the late 90's. I look forwards to the Cabal Cut getting released.

[url]http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=38217[/url]
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Quote Originally Posted by YorkNecromancer View Post
    Now that is an interesting film. I used to cosplay Decker every Halloweed during the late 90's. I look forwards to the Cabal Cut getting released.

[url]http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=38217[/url]
    I think we just experienced a genuine Meme.....
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by YorkNecromancer View Post
    There's also the fact that Transformers 2 has the two Most Racist Characters Seen In A Mainstream Film since 1933.
    You forgot about Star Wars: Phantom Menace. Although they are less racist, they do manage to spread it around to more ethnic groups.

Oh, I didn't forget.

Discussing The Phantom Menace is as much a waste of everyone's time as the film itself, especially after Red Letter Media's hour and ten minute destruction of it:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxKtZmQgxrI[/url]
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Chapter-Master

"difference of opinion"
    "the phantom menace?"
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Back on the original topic, I started wondering earlier today whether dozens of people a year sign up for a BOLS account to rage for two weeks and disappear, or whether a small number of people keep coming back every few months with a new name and fade away when everyone starts ignoring them. The grammatical construction and attitudes sometimes seem a little too familiar when combined with their supposed armies and histories.

Chapter-Master

Magic - I think it is the former, and that the grammar is the same for the same reason the attitude is the same - they are numpties.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    I agree, I don't understand the people up there, naming no names, who do nothing but bang on about GW as though they are evil, willfully stupid, or deliberately trying to screw people. I do wonder why some of them actually come here, it is pure trolling
    GW could give away the models free and people would still complain that they had to put them together, that finecast was crap, that X unit is broken/overpowered/useless/fugly etc.
    Ditto those (haven't seen it here, but it's rife on Dakka) who decry models as 'abortions'
    It's because Abortion is a very emotive term. A bit like **** used to be. Even most people who are pro-choice tend not to be pro-abortion. Also because in the last 6 months dakka has seriously gone downhill.
    Last edited by Phototoxin; 08-07-2013 at 09:22 AM.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by AirHorse View Post
    Its definitely the internet. Its exactly the same on all gaming forums

The bols lounge has had its moments of peace as well as hostility tbh.

I stopped posting very much on here(but always read!) a good while back here because there was a period where there were a good few particularly hostile posters, and I never really redeveloped the habit for actually replying to the threads I was reading(though that is changing a bit more recently, as this post shows ).

It goes in cycles I think, hostile posters will tend to get rejected eventually no matter what community they are part of, and when they do they will probably go find somewhere new get involved. People cant help but react if one person gets hostile so it has a knock on effect.
    I really agree with this Scottish AirHorse dude. I think I'm on my third cycle back on BOLS. Certain people will hack me off to the point where I quit, and then I'll get interested again and come back. Even a-much-beloved star of this forum caused me throw in the towel for a while after the 6th first came out, but she said some nice things about Corgies the other day so her poll numbers with me are moving back up.

The discourse in the Obliette is distinctly different from "up above" and I do think maturity has an enormous amount to do with it. Look at the grammar of the average hardcore GW hater or GW fanboy on the 40k thread/line/forum/whatever. They read like enraged ten-year-olds half the time:

"i hate gw cose there rules are dum"

"U r dumb becuse you cant even their books:; Gw ruules"

I admit that I have no idea why some of the more-aggressive clowns would go after a reasonable guy like Mr. Mystery, though. Dare I say, it's a bit of a myst...paradox? Seriously though, there is a level of angst amongst the 40k posters that is truly perplexing. There are a lot of educated people down here, right? Anyone have a psychology degree? I'd love to hear some thoughts from that direction.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast