BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Mystery Box Announcement Poster Seen

I'm not sure if this is the right place on the forum, if not I apologise!

T'other day whilst mooching around in my local GW my Missus had the forethough to grab my shoulder and point at the PC Monitor. Upon it was an open copy of Photoshop with a poster stating "Congratulations, you guessed correctly; the mystery box is "Space Hulk"". Wording may have been different, but I noticed Space Hulk and Mystery Box and as I gasped with the knowledge the Emperor saw fit to grant me the GW employee looked around and angrily closed the program.

Unfortunately I've not had time to post this since that day, but for any who are desperate for confirmation I reckon that's the best we'll get before the announcement (oh ye of little patience, haha!).

Cheers,
    Rogue Trooper

Banned

Really?

I have to say I don't believe you at all.

What kind of store has a computer with its screen facing the customers? What kind of dumb employee would be viewing sensitive documents on the floor with people walking around him? Why would the store be sent an image of a poster?

Maybe you're telling the truth but it certainly smells fishy.

I appreciate the sheer luck of seeing the poster is mad, the employee was new (I'm aware of this) and the shop is fairly small, as all UK Games Workshops I've seen tend to be, so the computer is facing the store.

I'm regurgitating more information than I have myself; I saw the words, but not the program (my Missus noticed long before I stopped being gormless and looked as well). As to the poster, I presume it's linked to the store's promotion as they have a raffle: whoever guesses what is in the box will be allowed to have access to it the night prior to it's being released. Funnily enough I entered myself straight afterwards.

Believe what you wish but I'm afraid you've an inflated ego if you believe I'd lie purely to dupe you and a community. I thought BolS might be interested in knowing what I'd noticed, if you're not you're not and if you are you are. Make of it what you will!

Chaplain

I'll keep an eye out for this "poster" on the release day.

Could you possibly explain any images that may have been on this "poster"?

http://pitoftheoni.blogspot.com

Lies and misinformation! I sense Alpha Legion is behind it all....

Veteran-Sergeant

More importantly, in addition to the first relies comments, why on earth would a GW store have Photoshop on a computer?

And as mentioned, they wouldn't be sent a digital file, they are sent posters to put up, professionally printed etc. Besides, we only have to wait till Monday to find out what it is, Sunday evening for the GW email newsletter on it

But until then, I find this highly unbelievable, and from some of the comments made by my local black shirt, I'm actually not certain on Space Hulk any more.
    +++The Imperator Contego Indomitable Fortress+++
    +++The 23rd Joint Assault Group+++

Chaplain

I actually don't want it to be Space Hulk for two reasons. 1) It's limited production. Everyone should have the opportunity to buy it. GW would be pissing away a ton of revenue by making such a sought after release limited. 2) Production was outsourced. The last thing I or anyone else wants is the highly anticipated return of Space Hulk to end up like the Blastscape.

http://pitoftheoni.blogspot.com

Librarian

Although i agree the large POS (Point Of Sale, or posters to those not in the retail business) are sent directly as professionally printed on quality paper etc.

Simply using "Why Would GW have photoshop" as an argument is rediculous as GW stores regularly put together small A4 posters and A3 posters using TADA! photoshop, or whatever else they can get their hands on.

As to the "Why would the PC be facing the store" argument. many UK stores only have 1 pc, its the one that is used by customers aswell, and is obviously accessible to the customers.

Rather than go balls out on the sceptisism, why not just say, "sounds interesting rogue trooper, hopefully you're right" then we can all be communists and live happily ever after or something
    Conscription in the Lucky 88th
    http://lucky88th.blogspot.com

Having spoken to the missus again (break at work):

It seems it was an in-store produced image, by Photoshop she meant a program that allowed image editing. The poster was more than likely in response to my aforementioned in-game competition.

Imagery was standard 40k, GW logos. Clipartesque image of an exploding present with large red lettering that said "You Guessed it: It's Space Hulk!".

Again, this is what she's seen and I saw in passing, that doesn't mean it's definite. Chances are it's not official, from what she described, but it is relating to an in-store competition that involves the mystery box!

Perhaps it is the Alpha Legion at work and what was seen is irrelevant, but I'm feeling chancey on this. I've no reason to doubt it unless GW are enacting a serious counter-intelligence campaign.

Heh, and thankyou TSINI: I honestly meant this only as a heads-up!

Just went to my local store (Croydon) and put down two deposits for the game with the manager. he said that hey had recived an updated information pack but he still didnt know what it was for sure. he said if he were a betting man he would assume space hulk.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast