BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: 40k 6th Edition

Banned

I dislike the ideas of super characters because then they become almost obligatory. Is there really any marine army that would be better without Vulkan?

I don't take him because I don't want his over the top benefits. I just want a regular captain to lead my marines. Not an invulnerable super hero who has campaigned across the universe banishing greater daemons and liberating galaxies. Those type of characters could be fun occasionally, but how about just a guy who has a chance of doing something awesome? Way more interesting in my opinion.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jwolf View Post
    I would like to see all HQ and Special Characters to have what is now the Eternal Warrior rule (and Force Weapons to all Slay Outright, not cause Instant Death). I'd like to see the truly Special Characters have a Heroism (or something) save that they can take against everything in addition to their other saves. This could be a 5+ for guys like Marbo on down to a 4+/3+ for Abbadon and other nigh-immortal heroes who shape the course of galactic history.

I'd like heroes to be more heroic than just hoping not to roll a 3- against the inevitable powerfist.
    ha!

I like heroes are they are now. They support the battle, and can even destroy wholes units on their own, but to make them stronger/hardier would be returning to 2nd edition 40k, or 5th/7th edition Fantasy.

Heroes at the moment are rock solid as is. I expect my human heroes, like IG, to die easily. Thats what makes them human. Some characters, like Ghazgul, are quite literally impossible to stand up to, and thats fine, as long as the game isn't full of characters like him.

I used to worship 2nd edition, but after a year of 5th edition, I would never ever ever want to go back to that.

Keeping the game Troop centered as it is now when the game makes its 6th edition transition would be my preference.
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

Chapter-Master

having uber heroes is nice but
    keep it so that armies of Xpts+ can take them e.g.
    vulkan2000+
    calgar2500+
    chronus1500+
    telion 1000+

remember Heroes are the models/dice/paint (i roll better with painted models)
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BuFFo View Post
    ha!
    Keeping the game Troop centered as it is now when the game makes its 6th edition transition would be my preference.
    With you 100%. Troop are awesome. Why? Because they die. The more things dieing the more fun we are having. I don't want to have a battle between two armies and the casualty be 1 super-mega hero. I want the casualties to be 100 troops, 10 tanks, and maybe a building or two.

Keep the focus on armies not on individuals.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    With you 100%. Troop are awesome. Why? Because they die. The more things dieing the more fun we are having. I don't want to have a battle between two armies and the casualty be 1 super-mega hero. I want the casualties to be 100 troops, 10 tanks, and maybe a building or two.

Keep the focus on armies not on individuals.

If people really want Herohammer, they can EASILY pick up and play either 40k 2nd Edition, or Fantasy 5th/7th Edition.

Come back to me after your 800 dollars worth of models get pasted by 1 or 2 HQs....
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by BuFFo View Post

If people really want Herohammer, they can EASILY pick up and play either 40k 2nd Edition, or Fantasy 5th/7th Edition.

Come back to me after your 800 dollars worth of models get pasted by 1 or 2 HQs....
    Amen! Part of the reason I love 40k right now is the same reason I don't like fantasy nearly as much as I used to.

This is also why I prefer not to use special characters - I want to focus on my army - not my army led by (insert name here)
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

when does the 6th editon come out

Chapter-Master

Did you really just commit Threadomancy on a 3 year old 6th ed thread just to ask that?

Mid this year. Maybe.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    Did you really just commit Threadomancy on a 3 year old 6th ed thread just to ask that?

Mid this year. Maybe.
    He's a witch! PURGE HIM!!!

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by celestialatc View Post
    He's a witch! PURGE HIM!!!

I agree.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast