BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 105 of 130 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1295
    Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Certainly wasnt the hobbit thats for sure. It kinda resembled it.....if you squinted...on the dark.

And seriously they waste 30 minutes on a fight that never happens in the books and then end it at the point they do? Well I wont be watching thr next one.

Seriously someone worked out the average adult can rwad the hobbit in less time than the movies woll take to watch and they still gutted it. Ah well gotta fit in all that new fan fic PJ calls a story line.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Holy sh!t you can be whiny. (that's coming from me, takes one to know one)

If they had released the Hobbit as it is in the book, I would have demanded my money back; the book is a kid's book and as such, it's pretty terribly written. All these extra additions are nothing but a great cinema viewing experience.
    As an avid cinema goer, I can see the difference between a good and bad film, ever seen The Counsellor? THAT is a bad film.

The Desolation of Smaug was great in my opinion, and the general complaint I hear is that it ended leaving you wanting more, well, THAT'S THE POINT. They want you to be psyched for the next film.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

Nah didnt watch the counselor. Did hear it was bad though.

I didnt think the hobbit was a bad film I just didnt think it was a good version of the hobbit. Much prefer the style of the lotr movies and the old cartoon.

Im not trying to whine it was just that I was very disappointed in the film. Mostly because I expected better.

Anyway, cant wait for the new nids. Going to make them my go to tournament army. And even with the minimal troops changes the MC cost changes alone mean that you can probably fit in anoth 30 or so gaunts by themselves
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

I was going to make Kaiju-nids, but then bought Chaos.

Chapter-Master

So...kaju nids now?

Na. I can actually win with Chaos Marines.

Very good HD video readthrough of the new WD Bat rep:

Last edited by Bigred; 12-31-2013 at 12:42 PM.

Initiate

Red Terror eh???

The new exocrine looks like a bloated carnifex trying to take a dump. Granted a bloated carnifex with a big cannon on its back. Guess they should put in an upgrade for more fiber. Guardsmen fatigues prolly cause some major blockage problems.

Chapter-Master

From Terrorfex over on WarpShadow;

To all Brothers: i have a very very riable Source which gave the Following Infos. I wont endanger my Source but i can Tell You this ins 99% true:

Shadow is 12 Inches -3 LD for psi

Hive crone is Vector Strike 8
    Missiles are rerollable S5 pulse

Exocrine is bs3(4) t6 w5 3+
    24 Inches, S7 ap2 6 shots or lagre blast
    Bs4 when stationary

Haruspex ist t6 w5 3+
    Gains an Attack for Every lost wound
    Heals One wound for Every unsaved wound caused
    I had a look and this is not the same guy that posted that wishlisting/false stuff earlier, and this fits with what we know from the battle report. If we assume this stuff is true....

Shadow in the Warp got a teensy bit worse than just a flat 3D6, but considering what happened to everyone else's psychic defence, this will actually end up being the best psychic defence of any 6th Edition codex (i.e. only the hardbacks). Hear me out on this one. Tyranids get Deny the Witch like any other army. Tyranids have a lot of psykers, between Broodlords, Hive Tyrants, Tervigons, Zoanthropes and so on, meaning they get boosted Deny the Witch saves across so many units, even more than an army like Eldar. Many units in a Tyranid army also generate Shadow in the Warp, including incredibly mobile units like Flying Hive Tyrants and Shrikes (if they still exist). Pair up the -3 Leadership for psychic tests within 12" - something that ACTUALLY APPLIES TO BLESSINGS - with lots of standard and boosted Deny the Witch saves, and Tyranids will definitely be one of the top psychic defence armies (and will probably take the crown when Space Wolves are updated).

We know that stuff from the Hive Crone already, what we didn't know was the stats on the missiles. Strength 5 is pretty bad for anti-air missiles as they will need 6s to even glance the majority of flyers, but the re-roll (presumably it has Tank Hunters?) should help. What might make or break the missiles is what this "Pulse" effect does. Is it Haywire? Is it something else?

The Exocrine is about as durable as I would have hoped for the cost, which is awesome, but the range of 24" is a bit of a let-down. Thankfully I'm used to Tyranids having mostly short ranged guns even on their "artillery" so this won't be too much of an issue. With how cheap the Exocrine is at 170 points, to be T6 W5 3+ armour is really great. We know now that the actual stats on the gun are S7 AP2 large blast and six shots with unconfirmed values, however this rumour says the shots are S7 AP2 as well. If that is the case, again, this will be a really good unit. The Ballistic Skill 3 if it moves and Ballistic Skill 4 if it doesn't move is better than I expected, I predicted it would just have a flat Ballistic Skill 3. The 24" range means that against Eldar/Tau/Imperial Guard it will have to move in the first turn or two, but against a lot of armies it may never have to move at all. It's really nice!

The Haruspex is more interesting. T6 W5 3+ armour means it is only one wound off having identical durability to a current Trygon. Is this a bad thing? No, it depends on the cost. If you flood the board with monsters, Trygons still survive quite a long time. The gaining an attack for every lost wound and regaining a wound for every unsaved wound caused sounds pretty ridiculous, as even Riptides are all but guaranteed of one or two kills in close combat against regular enemies. We need to see its offensive stats, but if it works for each unsaved wound both ways, this could be ridiculous. As long as it is cheaper or around the same cost as an Exocrine, it should be fine. Hopefully it isn't slow!

Just an aside, Catalyst is indeed Feel No Pain on the caster, their unit, and another unit within 12". The Swarmlord uses it to give both itself, its' Tyrant Guard brood and another monster (I forget which) in the battle report Feel No Pain. Yikes!
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/