BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Exclamation GW to ban all online sales

Retailers just got the news today in the form of the updated 2013 Retailer Policy: No online sales of GW products.

Thanks GW. Wonder how many people you just sent to the unemployment lines..

Hope everyone likes paying full SRP!

Chaplain

WTF this is a make or break thing for alot of people I know, any idea why they are doing this?, well looks like we need a new game.

Occuli Imperator

Surely this should be in Wargames corporate discussion?
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Librarian

Well done GW. How to p##s off lots of your customers.
    I didn't do it. You can't prove i did it. Ok I'm sorry send me the bill.

Is there any proof of this? Trust but verify being the reason I ask, and I can find no verification...

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by spaceman91 View Post
    Well done GW. How to p##s off lots of your customers.
    Are they GW customers or are they 3rd party customers that they are trying to convert to their own, if this is true.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Is there any proof of this? Trust but verify being the reason I ask, and I can find no verification...
    Its in the PDF document they just sent to all retailers. Can't post it now, but im sure someone will.

Basically, GW has been moving toward this for at least a year. They say online sales hurt the hobby, but what they really want is 100% of online profits at full markup. If they wanted to help the hobby, they would lower prices so more people could play.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    Are they GW customers or are they 3rd party customers that they are trying to convert to their own, if this is true.
    It really is the same thing in the long run. It's no more different than having an LGS within shouting of a GW Brick. The Online stores can just shout at a longer range.

Brother-Captain

While I pay full retail to support my local store on occasion (like 30% of the total) the majority of my purchases are made online at significantly less. I will not be able to support GW at all if the only option is MSRP. I just don't get $82 of joy from a Storm Raven.

Battle-Brother

My grasp of corporate law is next to useless, but surely there's a law somewhere that prohibits a company from using outside retailers whilst also banning them from using online sales. Can't think of any other example where this applies.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast