BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Jmaximum View Post
    Damnit Cap, now I have to go read Legion again!
    Again, going a sidenote here, but in The Last Church: the Emperor destroys the last church on Earth.
    However, it Outcast Dead: there is a church within viewing distance of the Golden Palace. wtf man?

And in keeping with the spirit of this thread: Fulgrim and his painting is very Dorian Grey-esque.
    yeah i missed the balls bit the first time i read it too it is 'alpharius' and hurtado bronzi that are having the conversation, just as bronzi is about to go look for soneka.

the church in outcast dead is not an official church though...... at least not from what i remember of the book, it was just a ramshackle building that the people mockingly labelled the church..... which just hapened to be a breeding ground for the lectitio divinitatus..... all good and heretic..... until all hell breaks loose.

yeah the whole dorian grey aspect tickled me, but the 'hope' that fulgrim may be restored at some point is tantalising..... it could never happen, but it would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt Codpiece View Post
    yeah i missed the balls bit the first time i read it too it is 'alpharius' and hurtado bronzi that are having the conversation, just as bronzi is about to go look for soneka.

the church in outcast dead is not an official church though...... at least not from what i remember of the book, it was just a ramshackle building that the people mockingly labelled the church..... which just hapened to be a breeding ground for the lectitio divinitatus..... all good and heretic..... until all hell breaks loose.

yeah the whole dorian grey aspect tickled me, but the 'hope' that fulgrim may be restored at some point is tantalising..... it could never happen, but it would be cool.
    In Outcast Dead, there's a statue of an angel at the head of the church. C'mon, it's a church man. Not only that, the MEGA SPOILER ALERT
    the statue turns out to be the vessel for a demon! How in the world would the emperor or his agents complete overlook this place. To me, that's a huge continuity issue.
    I do so love the tragic irony that the Lectitio Divinatus stems from the book of Lorgar, and waaaaay after Lorgar turns traitor, the Imperial Faith is still based on his early teachings.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Jmaximum View Post
    In Outcast Dead, there's a statue of an angel at the head of the church. C'mon, it's a church man. Not only that, the MEGA SPOILER ALERT
    the statue turns out to be the vessel for a demon! How in the world would the emperor or his agents complete overlook this place. To me, that's a huge continuity issue.
    I do so love the tragic irony that the Lectitio Divinatus stems from the book of Lorgar, and waaaaay after Lorgar turns traitor, the Imperial Faith is still based on his early teachings.
    I honestly think the whole church on the doorstep was an attempt to show how FUBAR'd the imperium was, rather than continuity, come on there was a supposedly extinct war hero/enemy in the city and no body twigged, not even questioned his proto astartes bodyguards.

as for the lectitio it was indeeed from the book of lorgar, im sure its mentioned in the flight of the eisenstein or aurelian/first heretic, and it was spread by word bearers fanatics. nicley fitting with the conspiracy theories of the emoror died and horus is on the throne, or that through the heretic imp creed lorgar succeeded where horus failed, and lorgar knew horus would fail all along but did not care since the LD was already out there spreading the heresy to the masses.
    actually the second fits.... seeing as lorgar could used guilimans not dying as a vehicle to enforce his chaplain edict and reinstate the librarius, thus spreading the taint of chaos in dogma (chaplains) and warp taint (psychers)

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt Codpiece View Post
    I honestly think the whole church on the doorstep was an attempt to show how FUBAR'd the imperium was, rather than continuity, come on there was a supposedly extinct war hero/enemy in the city and no body twigged, not even questioned his proto astartes bodyguards.

as for the lectitio it was indeeed from the book of lorgar, im sure its mentioned in the flight of the eisenstein or aurelian/first heretic, and it was spread by word bearers fanatics. nicley fitting with the conspiracy theories of the emoror died and horus is on the throne, or that through the heretic imp creed lorgar succeeded where horus failed, and lorgar knew horus would fail all along but did not care since the LD was already out there spreading the heresy to the masses.
    actually the second fits.... seeing as lorgar could used guilimans not dying as a vehicle to enforce his chaplain edict and reinstate the librarius, thus spreading the taint of chaos in dogma (chaplains) and warp taint (psychers)
    Yeah I was little bothered by the fact that at least two thunder warriors were running around as drugged up warlords, and the fact that they were experimenting on others to create their own thunder warriors.

the flight of the einstine is a direct reference to Jason and the Argonaughts being exiled

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234