BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question 7th Ed - Dettachments?

Morning,

For a battle Forged army how many dettachments can you have in the army?
    Is it only 2?
    How many HQs is that? 2 or 4?
    I had thought you could have as many dettachments as you liked with each one having 2 HQs.
    but now I am not sure.

Thanks

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Tirnaog View Post
    Morning,

For a battle Forged army how many dettachments can you have in the army?
    Is it only 2?
    How many HQs is that? 2 or 4?
    I had thought you could have as many dettachments as you liked with each one having 2 HQs.
    but now I am not sure.

Thanks
    You can have as many detachments as you like as long as they are from the same faction.
    As far as the Hq's go you can have as many as allowed by the FOC of that detachment per detachment( wolves can have for example ).

Then you can have an allied detachment as well, formations, Knights....
    It's all about more.

Quote Originally Posted by energongoodie View Post
    You can have as many detachments as you like as long as they are from the same faction.
    As far as the Hq's go you can have as many as allowed by the FOC of that detachment per detachment( wolves can have for example ).

Many tournaments (NOT held by GW) have placed additional, varying restrictions, such as only allowing 1 Combined Arms Detachment or only allowing 2 sources used, so you (Tiranog) may read about those in various articles and posts.

only interested in the basic ruleset atm. not any tournament ruleset.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by energongoodie View Post
    They don't even have to be the same faction! However, if the faction is different, it is subject to the rules for allies.
    So you can even have GK allied with Daemons if they deploy 12' away from each other and try to avoid being within 6' of each other during the game.
    Basically - if you can dream it, you can do it.

To stay Battle forge you need to follow this chart(say 6th but still up to date as far as I know) [url]http://www.3plusplus.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Force-Org.png[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Tirnaog View Post
    only interested in the basic ruleset atm. not any tournament ruleset.
    I just was pre-empting any confusion that may be caused by you reading various other sources that mention being limited beyond what the folks on this thread are saying.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron LeClair View Post
    To stay Battle forge you need to follow this chart(say 6th but still up to date as far as I know) [url]http://www.3plusplus.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Force-Org.png[/url]
    Nope - 6th Ed only. The 2000pt duel-force org limit was removed in 7th. I'd give you a page link but can't link you to something that is not there.
    As long as your detachment hits the minimum 1HQ, 2 Troop for your primary detachment, and 1HQ, 1 Troop for allies (or 1HQ, 2 Troop if you want access to additional lords of war or fortifications) then you can have as many detachments as you want / can fit inside the points limit.

------------------------------------------
    UPDATE -
    Rule book pg 120, first paragraph
    "you can include any number and type of detachments in a battle-forged army provided you have sufficient units. Simply select a type of detachment and organise some or all of your units so that they fit within the restrictions and limitations detailed on that particular detachment"
    Last edited by Rob Godin; 09-12-2014 at 11:50 AM. Reason: More info to back up post

First-Captain

Don't know where I thought I read they had to be the same faction!?!?!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Godin View Post
    Nope - 6th Ed only. The 2000pt duel-force org limit was removed in 7th. I'd give you a page link but can't link you to something that is not there.
    -----------------------------------------
    UPDATE -
    Rule book pg 120, first paragraph
    "you can include any number and type of detachments in a battle-forged army provided you have sufficient units. Simply select a type of detachment and organise some or all of your units so that they fit within the restrictions and limitations detailed on that particular detachment"
    Correct.

They don't even have to be the same faction! However, if the faction is different, it is subject to the rules for allies.
    So you can even have GK allied with Daemons if they deploy 12' away from each other and try to avoid being within 6' of each other during the game.
    Basically - if you can dream it, you can do it.
    Correct. Even Come the Apocalypse Allies can be included as in Rob's example. While they can be within 6" of each other during the game, they make lock themselves up like in 6th Edition, but they cannot Deploy within 12".

As long as your detachment hits the minimum 1HQ, 2 Troop for your primary detachment, and 1HQ, 1 Troop for allies (or 1HQ, 2 Troop if you want access to additional lords of war or fortifications) then you can have as many detachments as you want / can fit inside the points limit.
    Incorrect. Your Primary Detachment is NOT restricted to the Combined Arms Detachment and can be any version of Detachment, with some exceptions like the Allied Detachment. I can have a Reclusiam Command Squad as a Primary Detachment with the Chaplain as my Warlord, or the new Champions of Fenris Detachment can be the Primary so long as the Warlord is part of that Detachment.
    Last edited by Charistoph; 09-12-2014 at 01:17 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast