BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Fly Lord

Default RUMORS: Rebel Rogue Squadron Set

Word on the street says the following:

A 2-ship Rebel set is coming soon to match the Imperial Aces set just announced.

Same Price (@$29)

Alternate paint X-Wing
    Alternate paint A-Wing

Have Rogue Squadron stripes on wings

4 new Rogue Squadron pilots:
    -Corran Horn
    -3 others

New upgrades:
    -Whistler, Corran's astromech
    -others
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Just imagine the Fry 'shut up and take my money' image here. Just fingers crossed Corran has useful card text. Yeah he turns into a bit of a Mary Sue, especially in 'I, Jedi', but damn if those books weren't awesome way back in middle school. I'm somewhat afraid to go back and read them now...

I can't say I'm at all surprised that there'll be a Rebel aces set.

Librarian

I'm hoping theres more than just X and A wing Ace pilot cards. But, probably not.

Seems logical. I hope they include [URL="http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Isplourrdacartha_Estillo"]Plourr Ilo[/URL]. Or Shira Brie. One of the female pilots anyway...

Edit: Actually I'd be more surprised if we didn't see a rogue Squadron set at some point to be honest, rather surprised we are getting the Imperial elite pack first. Then again rebels are getting a corvette and transport.
    Last edited by eldargal; 09-20-2013 at 11:38 PM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chaplain

Will definitely pick up a set or two of any rogue squad box if it's released as I loved the books back in the day!

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Edit: Actually I'd be more surprised if we didn't see a rogue Squadron set at some point to be honest, rather surprised we are getting the Imperial elite pack first. Then again rebels are getting a corvette and transport.
    I'm sure the Imperials would have recieved a large vessel too... if they had them small enough. Star Destroyer still would be the size of a gaming table, even if scaled down to the Corvette...

Lancer frigate would work beautifully, though.

A-Wing cards would be great as then they will hopefully get more useful abilities. They are hardly taken for anything except maybe a cheap (for Rebels) missile delivery.
    www.ancientcitycon.com June 18-20, 2014 Jacksonville, FL