BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

I played a game of 6th/apocalypse today.

On the other table, a Tzeench daemon army summoned 1200 points of additional daemons during the course of the game during the psychic phase.

Really effing stupid.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post

On the other table, a Tzeench daemon army summoned 1200 points of additional daemons during the course of the game during the psychic phase.

Really effing stupid.
    I am sorry but lol
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by YorkNecromancer View Post

So... so you know and freely admit that you're wrong to complain about it being poorly balanced for tournament play... but you still do?

Hmmm.

Go to your wide future. I trust it will bring you more happiness than 40K.

Don't be so condescending. Other people are allowed to have opinions, and being judgemental about is is a great way of driving a split in the community.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post

Really effing stupid.
    The scary thing is I did some calculations based on likely CD lists and that is below average.

Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Caitsidhe View Post
    The scary thing is I did some calculations based on likely CD lists and that is below average.
    Yup i noticed it seems to be around 2000pts.........

Brother-Captain

I doubt I'll be playing the new edition because I've been priced out of GW's market. They want $140 for the rulebook, and said rulebook doesn't even include all the rules (ie Stronghold). That is roughly my entire annual hobby budget just as an entry point, forget about actually purchasing an army. Why would I buy something that expensive will be obsolete in 2 years time?
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

Idk i like a lot of the tweaks they did. Yes the demon summoning should have been more limited but thats kinda my only complaint. The snap firing after jink helped balance a lot and the now more limited ally chart helps. I just wish the rumor mill didn't get to bad with this edition. Its not the company that failed you its the *** hat who started the bs rumor making it sound amazing when it was more tweaking and adding rules here and there. People are blaming the wrong thing...

People need to stop complaining play it see how you like it. You do not have to buy the $85 book. Wait for the starter it will have a small one and usually a good deal on minis.
    Purge the Weak!

First-Captain

to the people being rude and condescending, QUIT IT already, it's not nice and it makes you look like a jerk....

To the OP and others like him, have any of you who don't like the changes EVER actually written to Games Workshop to tell them in detail how you feel about the rules which you think are broken?

you may post your opinions here on this site, and maybe others, but do you seriously think GW employees or top brass even read these boards, they have better things to do with their time like managing a company or working on figures/books/paints/etc.

THE ONLY way your views would be heard is by writing directly to them, they have a snail mail address, they have email addresses so write to them, encourge your disallusioned friends to write to them in detail, pointing out the areas which cause their concern and lack of enjoment in the game...

IF EVERY disalussioned player was to write to them, then perhaps you might finally get heard and then you might finally get the game you want...

TRY IT it will only cost you a small portion of your time, and perhaps a stamp or two.
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Daemon-Prince

Ahahahaha.... GW listen to players? That will be the day.....

On the other hand i LIKE the new edition from the sense everyone can cheese each other fairly!!

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Morgrim View Post
    I doubt I'll be playing the new edition because I've been priced out of GW's market. They want $140 for the rulebook, and said rulebook doesn't even include all the rules (ie Stronghold). That is roughly my entire annual hobby budget just as an entry point, forget about actually purchasing an army. Why would I buy something that expensive will be obsolete in 2 years time?
    This is a common opinion I've heard amongst Aussies. The pricing there is just ludicrous. I feel like they have really abandoned their customer base over there. I'm just glad here in the States we can still get good deals from discounters. $64 big rule books available!
    Where is my tinfoil hat!??
    Aka Arcane, veteran GW-Conspiracy Theorist

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast