BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast

I've looked all over the net- save those dark places where no one should go- and I still don't know anything about the fluff.

I realize it's not exciting as the rules debates- but can we get something from someone in the know? Did the Emperor die? Are Tau the Emperor's babys? Something... anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    With Jpacks they'll strike at I10 and have a better charge range/chance
    all great for armies that use them fully, but the major combat armies don't.... both nids and orks only have limited access to such units.

Don't know if this has been asked yet: how do killpoints work? Same as 5th or are the rumors true and units have a killpoint value based on their cost? Or, are we back to victory points?

Quote Originally Posted by Calmsword View Post
    I've looked all over the net- save those dark places where no one should go- and I still don't know anything about the fluff.

I realize it's not exciting as the rules debates- but can we get something from someone in the know? Did the Emperor die? Are Tau the Emperor's babys? Something... anything.
    New fluff, I do not know. Old fluff [url=http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page#.T-sjYfVrVn8]here[/url].

Krittoris, can you get a pic of all of the CCW descriptions?

So cavalry have the Hammer of Wrath now? So... my Rough Riders... are actually... dare I say it... good? With Mogul giving them Rage and Furious Charge, I get about 32 to 35 str 6 int 6 power weapon attacks on top of the free 10 str 3 auto hit attacks?

So how are power weapon spears different? Will Furious Charge effect Hammer of Wrath (doubt it)?

Scan it! Put it on the web! Please, Please, Please

Can you post up the Warlord's random ability tables?

Thanks!

EDIT: Also, looking forward to the Fluff update!

I think the cries of broken about CC is overstated. The balance is just shifting to bring "weight of fire" in balance with armor piercing. Termies will still die quite well to massed hormagaunts attacking at i5 with adrenal glands and poison. The profusion of armor ignoring power weapons in 5th made standard Terminators a massive liability in melee, and put way too much emphasis on invul saves. Now it's a tiered system, and I feel like its a massive change in the right direction.

Just make sure you get the charge on termies and you should be fine, or stay in cover. remember most terms dont get grenades. Frankly, expecting to kill a super elite unit like that with little retaliation was pretty weak in 5th

Default Until the TS comes back, a fluff theory

Until the TS returns with the promised information, I'll softball a theory about the SoB no longer being a warm ally to the SM.

This theory is working under the assumption, as the TS alluded to, that the rumored SM/Tau hook-up is fact. The SMs must have either decided unilaterally to ally with the Tau, or tried to go through the proper channels via the LoT, but were shot down but did it anyway. Either way, this would essentially render them traitors/heretics, or at the very least call their loyalty to the Imperium into question.

This in turn would make their relationship with the Inquisition & SoB a tad rocky. I have to assume their belief in the Emperor & their Primarchs would be enough cause for them to take such drastic action. If it could be shown that the evedence was from the Emperor himself or Guillimon (no idea on the spelling), it would sway even the BTs to the cause I'm sure.

Just a baseless theory obviously, but something that I figured I'd put out there for discussion.

Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast