BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 20 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

I am hopeful for stationary gun emplacements. Googuns. Spike Guns.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Learn2Eel View Post
    I can't see them making the same mistakes twice in a row, I'm pretty sure it is widely acknowledged by GW authors in interviews that they need a big update. Not having Allies of kind and being unable to use emplaced weapons are restrictions that no other army has after all. We must be getting some big stuff to make up for it. I guess I am optimistic though; Chaos Marines (and Dark Angels to an extent) have been exceptions rather than the norm.
    And getting an FAQ that screwed them in every possible way.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Fly Lord

OP updated

Zoanthrope Kit Description:
    -Multipart plastic kit makes 3 models.
    -Flying bases.
    -3 base bodies in the kit, 2 tails are coiled, one is curling slightly forward.
    -Back plates and chests are identical for the three. These are wider and slightly taller than the current model. The base tail piece has 2 tiny claws that go on, but are not normal Tyranid ball sockets. The torso has 4 arm sockets. For these models the claw arms are similar to hormagaunt claws, but shorter. Kit contains a dozen arms, most are retracted, four are extended out. All are small atrophied limbs compared to other Tyranids. Two rows of back-vents.
    - Multipart heads. There are separate pieces per head to make the mouths have more dimension. One has its tongue out, curling to the side. One closed mouth, one mouth is wide open. The head plate is wider and has a spiked ridge. The brains are exposed, no eyes.
    -Tail loses the current model's spiked end.
    -Slightly larger than the current model.
    -Fundamentally an evolutionary kit from the current Zoanthrope to meet the requirements of injected plastic production.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Librarian

I would assume the zoanthrope kit make the venomthrope as well?

Shouldn't think so. They've both got "thrope" in the name but look fairly different - only the very centre of the torso could really be the same.

Librarian

Change of arms head and vanes with the same body, and you would be sorted, especially as GW like their dual model kits.

But they also seem to really like inventing entirely new units to be the other half of the kit. Instead of an Immortals / Lychguard kit, we got Immortals / Deathmarks and Lychguard / Praetorians.

(taking it as read that Lychguard are basically equivalent to Pariahs in every aspect but the fluffy one)

Also, change of tail. Venomthropes don't float, they slither. I think.

Edit: I guess they do float. Well, it's a piece more plausible than I gave it credit for, then, but I still think we're a smidge more likely to see Zoanthropes / Newthings.
    Last edited by Houghten; 10-29-2013 at 02:12 PM.

Battle-Brother

I just hope one of these new kits will have warrior sized boneswords and lash whips. Having to buy that ridiculously overpriced conversion kit from GW's website is just plain extortion.

I think the Tyranids really needed this new codex because from how effective the 4th edition was, I think that the nids got hit the hardest in 5th. The grey knights and elder are now in my opinion the best armies out there. But with the new space marine codex and sisters codex it definetly made the game a lot more challenging. The orks would benefit from a new codex because their waaagghhh definetly sucks right now. But the nids are close to useless now. I'm extremely happy that the nids are finally getting new models and making the other ones more effective. Unfortunately I don't think the pyrovore is going to be usefull still. Which is a bummer because it looks so cool but there's no point to play it. I myself have been saving up money just for the Tyranid release. I can't wait to field my nids and see the look on peoples faces like they were in 4th edition. The Great Devourer has come! And it shall consume all who stands in its way!!!
    All shall be consumed by the Great Devourer!

Chapter-Master

always liked the concept behind them, but never the execution - hope they look more strange and alien with the new ones.