BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

I hate to say it but....Pyrovore

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Oh god. I just became a collector/painter only, then.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Let it rage! it still has power weapon attacks! It can fleet n' shot and charge!
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    Your compensation is that the Harpy went from Crap to Rock. And that the Carnifex is 'worth taking'.
    Compensation?
    For being the ONLY race without the ability to ALLY &/OR Break the force-org chart ?
    and thus able to make some very useful -or- dare I say in some cases: Broken/OP combo's ?

1 - Other races have monstrous creatures too.
    2 - Harpy? um yeah, for the rich Nid player, maybe 1 model won't suck as much as it used too.
    3 - Nids have too many of their better units under the Elites slot. and not enough room on a force org chart to take em.
    4. Nids have taken repeated and almost deliberate beatings from the Nerf Bat and feel like the abused puppy that no one wants of the 40k universe.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Guidebot View Post
    He'd probably think that because the harpy is a tyranid unit, and GW's stance seems to be that, if it's tyranid, it has to be really bad.

I think the harpy ought to get a 'new model' exemption from that though.
    I don't agree with that viewpoint. The Tyranid codex has a lot of awesome in it. Especially with these new rules. Carnifexes are Back, Baby! 5 re-rolling to hit, no make that 6 from rage!, str 10 attacks that go at I4 through cover. oh, and a plasma cannon.

Uhh, ever race can break FoC at 2000pts (open another FOC), you just can't ally. Hyperbole demeans us all.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Compensation?
    For being the ONLY race without the ability to ALLY &/OR Break the force-org chart ?
    and thus able to make some very useful -or- dare I say in some cases: Broken/OP combo's ?

1 - Other races have monstrous creatures too.
    2 - Harpy? um yeah, for the rich Nid player, maybe 1 model won't suck as much as it used too.
    3 - Nids have too many of their better units under the Elites slot. and not enough room on a force org chart to take em.
    4. Nids have taken repeated and almost deliberate beatings from the Nerf Bat and feel like the abused puppy that no one wants of the 40k universe.

I'm curious if you can ally your own race? that way you could get more out of your hq slot (which the nids have a few good units in), troops (again, decent troops...) and then grab that elusive elite slot that the nids are so desperate for.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by skarousis View Post
    I'm curious if you can ally your own race? that way you could get more out of your hq slot (which the nids have a few good units in), troops (again, decent troops...) and then grab that elusive elite slot that the nids are so desperate for.
    According to this pict by the OP, your army cannot ally with itself:

[URL="http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=2189&d=1340707687"]http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=2189&d=1340707687[/URL]

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by skarousis View Post
    uh...
    so, you give up 1 HQ for another... HQ slot. And unique creatures, are still Unique!
    hmmm...

So, now I can take 2 Hive Tyrants! Oh, wait, I could already do that...

I don't see how this changes things...

Quote Originally Posted by ajefferism View Post
    According to this pict by the OP, your army cannot ally with itself:

[URL="http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=2189&d=1340707687"]http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=2189&d=1340707687[/URL]
    ah bummer. I guess at 2k you're able to start a new foc anyway.

Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast