BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

venomthropes are hardly all that these days, they are great for their points, but you should only have 1 brood in your lists.

theres too much ignores cover out there these days for more
    Last edited by daboarder; 05-01-2014 at 03:38 AM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    venomthropes are hardly all that these days, they are great for their points, but you should only have 1 brood in your lists.
    You "should only have one" because you can afford only one without suffering a penalty from missing other vital elite units. With % you can have this cake and eat it too as you are not limited by pick but only by points.

Chapter-Master

I disagree. I dont think that nids are very crammed in the elites anymore.

certainly not enough that Id want to loose the ability to run a pair of hive tyrants to unlock it
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Yarp.

Imagine being able to field Zoanthropes, Venomthropes, Hive Guard and Lictors, all in support of broods. That'd be ace cakes that would.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

actually Id only field more zoanthropes if anything, and so would most nid players

which was my point

Still greater variety out there for opponents.

And seriously dude, 'most players'. Careful on the sweeping statements.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

But you also get silly stuff like unlimited numbers of 3 man melta gun squads with coteaz, or single-man hammer paladins with draigo all able to fire off their holocaust psychic blast power individually using the brotherhood of psykers rule. Like many things, it could work if the game was re-designed from scratch but the shackles of the current codex range bite hard.

On the flip side, I don't want to have to take 25% (or worse 40%!) of boring to paint and play daemon troops to field a valid daemon army.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Still greater variety out there for opponents.

And seriously dude, 'most players'. Careful on the sweeping statements.
    huh? most players?

No I've not made any statement as to what other nid players would like. EDIT: Oh I did....yeah no Id still stand by that, I dont think nid players would be lining up to run haruspex.....

But as a member of the hive, I can imagine that they'd be pretty pissed being told they cant field 2 hive tyrants.....actually 2 anything

see the only other Tyranid HQ unit that would fit in the list with a hive tyrant and fit under the proposed caps would be say deathleaper or a tyranid prime.....

Look you can believe what you want, and these are only rumours, but for the reasons I pointed out in my original post I dont think that percentages would do for the game what you would want....and variety is not something they are likely to introduce

Quote Originally Posted by isotope99 View Post
    But you also get silly stuff like unlimited numbers of 3 man melta gun squads with coteaz, or single-man hammer paladins with draigo all able to fire off their holocaust psychic blast power individually using the brotherhood of psykers rule. Like many things, it could work if the game was re-designed from scratch but the shackles of the current codex range bite hard.

On the flip side, I don't want to have to take 25% (or worse 40%!) of boring to paint and play daemon troops to field a valid daemon army.
    this too
    Last edited by daboarder; 05-01-2014 at 04:21 AM.

Chapter-Master

So I like the percentage system. It worked fine in 2nd edition and it will work fine in this one too. I just went back and put my three favorite Eldar lists into the new rumored percentage structure that Larry posted last night and they all almost fit. My Iyanden list was a little heavy in heavies and my warp spider list was too heavy in fast attack by a few points and that's about it.

Also I'm liking what I'm hearing about prescience moving away from the primaris slot. Makes my Eldar farseer powers a lot nicer.

Posting it here since nobody else seems to have yet:

First up - Percentage FOC limits (like in Warhammer Fantasy):

40%+ Troops

10%-30% HQ (single character HQ Warlords can break this limit)

<20% Elite

<25% Fast

<25% Heavy

<25% Lords of War

<20% Fortifications...can take multiple fortifications

<25% Allies, Secondary Detachments, or Allied Army Formations

<50% Primary Army Formations
    Some noteable pain points for us Eldar players:

1) No more 3 WK builds. The most you could ever take in 2000pts is 2 and those would be the HWC variety.

2) If you're gonna run WG, then you'd better be taking a spiritseer because one decently spec'd squad is going to take up your whole Elites allotment. (Second look at fire dragons?)

3) Our expensive flyers are going to make it tough to take spiders/hawks/spears PLUS a flyer for anti air. The lack of anti-air options in the codex are really going to start hurting I think. (Thank God nightwings are still cheap)

4) About the only SH we can take in 2k is the Lynx. Which sucks as a SH.

Some Good things?
    1) Wave serpents presumably count towards troops, so those of you that rely on serpent spam as a boring crutch will still have that going for you (although I think that I should have put that under pain points)

2) We have some pretty decent troops and with the spiritseer to move around WG I'm pretty happy with the breakdown above.
    Last edited by Defenestratus; 05-01-2014 at 06:51 AM.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Chapter-Master

wouldn't want to be an ork player at 2k

4 times 30 boyz hordes in EVERY SINGLE LIST that isnt running a warboss
    Last edited by daboarder; 05-01-2014 at 06:43 AM.

Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast