BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Chaplain

Default Interceptor intercepting Reserves

Weapons with Skyfire can only fire Snap Shots at non flying/skimming things. Interceptor no longer overrules this but otherwise its text remains the same as last edition. Does this now mean that any weapon with both rules can only fire Snap Shots at non Flyers/Skimmers that come in from Reserve? Pretty much turns Quad-guns and Icarus Lascannons into only air defense weapons since they can't even effectively shoot at something Deep Striking onto the board right next to them.

Quote Originally Posted by This Dave View Post
    Weapons with Skyfire can only fire Snap Shots at non flying/skimming things. Interceptor no longer overrules this but otherwise its text remains the same as last edition. Does this now mean that any weapon with both rules can only fire Snap Shots at non Flyers/Skimmers that come in from Reserve? Pretty much turns Quad-guns and Icarus Lascannons into only air defense weapons since they can't even effectively shoot at something Deep Striking onto the board right next to them.
    Pretty much.

Yup, but if you have just interceptor and don't have skyfire, then you can shoot at non flyers at normal BS.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Krefey View Post
    Yup, but if you have just interceptor and don't have skyfire, then you can shoot at non flyers at normal BS.
    I just can't think of anything that has Interceptor without Skyfire off the top of my head. Unless some new things are coming out like that.

I just can't think of anything that has Interceptor without Skyfire off the top of my head. Unless some new things are coming out like that.
    Well there is the Mortis Pattern Contemptor. You can simulate this by choosing to move or not to move and thereby lock yourself into AA or ground fire.

Don't the Tau have wargear that gives interceptor and skyfire separately? I.e. one upgrade gives skyfire, the other gives interceptor?
    http://www.celestial-lions.net - witness my insanity

Yes, the Early Warning Override grants Interceptor.

Chaplain

Well okay then. That solves that.

Chaplain

I'm actually surprised they didn't make Skyfire function as it does for flyers, for all models with the rule, in that you choose to use it at the beginning of the shooting phase.

Does this imply an indirect buff for Flyers in 7th since non-flyer Skyfire weapons got hit with such a nerf bat? Had considered running a Rapier platform army but am not glad I didn't buy any now.
    Where is my tinfoil hat!??
    Aka Arcane, veteran GW-Conspiracy Theorist

Perhaps it's a mistake and needs Errata, but even SA book all weapons have both or none.

edit: Of course it's possible they decided that firing at any reserves at full BS that couldn't jink or otherwise save themselves was a little OP; in which I can kind of see the point bearing in mind how radically the Destroyer weapons got watered down.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....