BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Default Sisters of Battle Rumour Thread

Pinched these from 40k online:

The Sisters of battle project was started a fairly soon after the Grey Knights.
    Not right after .... a little while after.
    - Harry

While new SoB models are coming...see my other posts...my best guess based on how far apart GK and SoB were is 6-8 Mo. If non-game rumors are to be believed, the SoB molds have been problematic.
    - Stickmonkey

Sisters of Battle plastics HAVE been made BUT there has been problems with the little cloth arm things not being molded or whatever correctly.
    -qwertycg

Sisters of Battle are being done. (Including plastic sisters .... obviously!)
    I first heard the project was started over 12 months ago.
    If that is correct they are more than 12 months into the project.
    Given lead times of 18 months on the plastics by now most of the sculpting for the plastics should be done (not just the sisters) and the first kits will already be finished.
    When they make plastics they make a few which come back to the sculptors to be 'checked' and given the OK before they start making gazillions (I can't think exactly what they call this off the top of my head). But they are looking for any little bits and bobs that need sharpening up, stuff they are not happy with or didn't come out exactly as they should have ... so they can go back and fiddle things a bit. (to ensure we get the best possible final version).
    So this has almost certainly happened with some of the plastics for sisters by now.
    But the existence (or not) of a little something the sculptor wants to change or tidy up a bit is not a problem. it is just a normal part of the design process. (a normal part of producing the world best toy soldiers).
    It is no more an issue than correcting a spelling mistake or changing a word to increase clarity when proof reading a book.

"Delays" are often NOT delays. Things get made then sit around the studio for months sometimes years. (If you look back at the rumours articles in the Watchman from a couple of years ago I was talking about the completed Clan rats that have only recently seen release). Stuff is not delayed it is waiting. Waiting for more stuff to be made to go with them to make a decent release, sometimes waiting for a release window when they will not be competing for sales with too much other stuff. So not delayed just not released yet.

The point is that just because something exists and isn't released (sometimes for a while) does not mean there is a problem with it.
    - Harry (found this one on Warseer, 12th of September)

In my opinion, and this is speculation, if GK come early next year we might see Necrons (or Tau) then SoB followed by Tau (or Necrons).
    Last edited by eldargal; 09-15-2010 at 07:44 PM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Abbess Sanctorum

Yep, that goes along with everything that we've heard thus far.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Chapter-Master

Right, after Necrons the next strongest contender I'm seeing is the SoB. Then, from what it sounds like, Tau might be next. The real question is, will GW try and sneak in another SM chapter in there somewhere...
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Doubtfully.
    The trend over the past two years for true info based rumours (not whislist) has been filtered, within the release year (if not sooner) llike it happened to SH, (it was 18 months).

Right now, GK, Sisters, Tau and Necron are in the making in a way or other, of course, this no mean in anyway, to be release as soon thery are done,but there's not additional info on BT or DA, so in my opinion there will be release on 2012, along with Eldar.

Back to Sisters..
    A few days ago, I pointed out about Black Library, for releasing the novel Firedrake which is about Salamaders/Dark Eldar, and to be released in Nov 2010 (along with GW DE). Althought FFG will release a book about full Sisters background coverage in Spring 2010, BL have published a new about the novel Hammer & Anvil ([URL="http://www.blacklibrary.com/all-products/Hammer-and-Anvil.html"]http://www.blacklibrary.com/all-products/Hammer-and-Anvil.html[/URL]) a book fully centered on Sisters due to SEP 2011.

May be is a tip (again)????
    Last edited by heartbitt; 09-16-2010 at 04:03 AM.

Abbess Sanctorum

Either way, GW's secrecy certainly is more annoying than hyping.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Understandable though, from their perspective, given how people were whinging about over-hyped products a few years ago and I've heard (anecdotally I admit) that it was hurting their sales with people knowing what was coming twelve months in advance, saving and making less impulse purchases.
    Someone pointed out on another forum that it also let the companies that make GW compatible kits have their bits and pieces ready to go almost as fast as GW could get theirs into the stores.

Having said that, you would think there would be some kind of happy medium.

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    Either way, GW's secrecy certainly is more annoying than hyping.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Abbess Sanctorum

Yeah, rather than two months in advice, they could at least do six months. Gradually showing us models for the new codex, snippets of rules, etc in white dwarf.

Hey, I might actually purchase White Dwarf if they did that (rather than advertising for models that have already been released).

Grand Provost Marshal

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    Yeah, rather than two months in advice, they could at least do six months. Gradually showing us models for the new codex, snippets of rules, etc in white dwarf.

Hey, I might actually purchase White Dwarf if they did that (rather than advertising for models that have already been released).
    This is one of the things I love about how Privateer Press does their marketing, which gets people interested and clamoring about new things long before they come out.

I wish we could get a few sneak-peaks 4-5 months out. Pretty please?
    *crosses fingers for plastic sisters*
    *crosses toes that there are enough helmets for all of them*

Chapter-Master

Personally I have no issues with the two month window, realistically those of us online (i.e. you lot) know in advance of that what is coming out, leaks of races, rules rumours and models all sneak out regardless. Even now we have a rough idea for the next 12 months that will be refined over time.
    I have been wanting to collect Sisters of Battle for ages, but refuse to buy a metal army, so all I can say is woo, go plastic sisters. Tau can wait, they have a perfectly good codex at the moment, get the third edition races sorted, then let the fourths have their fun, only fair.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chaplain

I agree, 4th ed dont need a upgrade yet, Tau are more than competitive already, really GW needs as we all know, need to update the last of the good armies: Necrons, SoB, Gk's DE before a new round of Tau or any current armies again.

If only GW would confirm that they are actually working on these armies for some insight for us to hope with.
    "Heretics crave the cleansing fire of absolution. They need not fear, for we shall deliver"

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast