BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Default Tyranid Codex Rumours (Warpshadow)

Alright boys, girls, and nameless entities to horrible to name, I just found this interesting little info on the net from Warpshadow on an upcoming nid Codex. Seems the guy spoke to Phil Kelly during GD Germany. Heres the jist ofthe info...

-4 New Tyranid species, one of which apparently will make the current fex look like a dwarf (Trygon?)

-Return of Nid Characters... Apparently they will be big creatures that have survived wthrough battlefields and evolved into something better

-Plastic Hive Tyrant (WITH WINGS!)

-Codex is already done and written by the same guy who wrote the Guard dex, models are beeing worked on I suppose and probably balancing issues (Like GW does that )

-Tyranids will have evolved ways to deal with all the mech thats been plopping up... Meaning anti tank/skimmer... I believe its implied that Biovores will once again be viable!

-Release next year

Enjoy!

Original topic: First true rumours show up from Terrorfex
    [url]http://forum.warpshadow.com/viewtopic.php?t=12625&postdays=0&postorder=asc&sta rt=15[/url]
    Last edited by The Custodian; 08-20-2009 at 09:31 AM.

Brother-Sergeant

Im drooling already
    Come all you Xeno scum and fallen heretics! Come face the one true might of the universe and wither under the Golden Throne's gaze!

Librarian

I think that someone on Warpshadow mentioned Plastic Gargoyles being worked on... I can't actually verify that, but it seems like a no-brainer, considering how expensive the metal gargoyles are now.

Battle-Brother

Finally, I can take them off my shelf!

How awesome this is for me. My wolves are getting an update this year, and my Tyranids next year!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Drew da Destroya View Post
    I think that someone on Warpshadow mentioned Plastic Gargoyles being worked on... I can't actually verify that, but it seems like a no-brainer, considering how expensive the metal gargoyles are now.
    Never.

Plastic Goyles have been rumored to come out since the late 90's.

40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

Chaplain

Yes, in March of next year.

Since it's been printed and all, I think it's more the models they're doing, I doubt anything other than slight tweaks will be made. As for balance? *Sigh*
    Opinions are like aresholes. Get yours outta my face.. MindWar FTW. Bald and Screaming. Couple others...;) Learn something.

Brother-Sergeant

Oh lovely... Trygons and Malanthropes the rumor. Yeah, gargantuan creatures in a normal game. I guess it's time to play Renegades with one or two Brass Scorpions.

If they actually do put Trygons in the Codex, I will be all over this. And I was just saying to all and sundry at my FLGS that after Orks and LatD that I would never again do a horde army. Sigh....

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by DuskRaider View Post
    Oh lovely... Trygons and Malanthropes the rumor. Yeah, gargantuan creatures in a normal game. I guess it's time to play Renegades with one or two Brass Scorpions.

I don't think the Malanthrope's actually a Gargantuan Creature, and if you've played with or against a Trygon you'd realize it's about equal to (or not as good) as a medium heavy tweaked God-Fex. (even without the Deep Strike only rule).

Gimme a Malanthrope FTW...the Plastic Trygon looks nigh as good or better than the FW one, so if they do the same thing with the same quality I will LOVE that model!

Brother-Sergeant

I thought the Malanthrope was considered a Gargantuan Creature ( at least in FW rules). They'll have to really dumb them down a lot to make it an even playing field, and even then they're talking making "squadrons" of Carnifexes. Which if that happens will be horrifying.

Codex creep FTW!

Nevermind, the Malanthrope is an MC. Instant Death on any wounds, though. Ouch. Trygon is classified as a Gargantuan Creature, though.
    Last edited by DuskRaider; 08-20-2009 at 12:19 PM.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast