BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Default Starting a new Dark Eldar army

Theme:

• Only the haemonculi constructs will be male, the rest will be all female converted using the new female torsos & heads, green stuff, plastic hair bits taken from other models and daemonette heads.
    • I like the way that the mandrakes are burning with some sort of creepy inner fire and am going to extend this to any haemonculi modified units and vehicles.
    • Along those lines, I've got a couple of the plague censer pieces from the screaming bell from bits sites that I am going to flip and use as power cores on the back of my raiders trailing green smoke/fire behind them.

Colours:

• Again, I am going to use the mandrake colours on the whole army with dark skin and armour and green fire where appropriate (weapons, joins in vehicle plating etc.
    • No metallics (except maybe the raider sails where I am going to paint them with a fly's eye cell effect). All weapons and armour to be made of wraithbone.
    • Dark Eldar runes painted on the bases of all models (time consuming but should look pretty good).

Some of my other conversion plans:

• Female mandrakes using daemonettes with new weapons shadows modelled up to their knees so it looks like they are emerging from the shadows.
    • Void raven bomber from the FW phoenix with replacement weapons and a valkyrie flying stand.
    • Scourges from the warriors with heavy weapons, green stuff helmet and sanguinary guard wings.

Grotesques:

My first models are my grotesques as these didn't require any of the new dark eldar bits to make. I used the Island of Blood rat ogre bodies, minus the tails and heads, and then added ghoul heads that are intentionaly too small so that the result looks misshapen. A little extra green stuff around the neck and I am quite pleased with the result. I think they look like the tank from left4dead. As usual, taking photos has helped spot a few places where more touch ups are needed.

They might also work as Archon guards or clawed fiend warp beasts as they are the right size.

Last edited by isotope99; 11-05-2010 at 04:03 AM.

First-Captain

Really good use of the rat ogres. Good stuff.

Chapter-Master

I thought the R Ogres would make a nice conversion base, and you've proved my point.

Lovely...
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

These look pretty amazing!

Good work!

Mostly this week I have been accumulating conversion bits in preparation for the real models next month.

Wrack prototype

Plague monk body cut off just above the belt + ghoul torso head and arms + double edged weapon from DE corsair parts.

Razorwing WIP

Lots of eldar bits I either already had or bought from bits sites. Essentially its a blend of falcon wings, an eldar vyper and lots of heavy weapon parts I had already as leftovers.

Needs a bit more work but its coming along OK so far.

First-Captain

B R illiant!

I totally want a Stargate Dark Eldar flyer.
    Good work buddy.

Excellent idea for a Razorwing!
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

They look awesome
    i was thinking of using ork bodies for the wracks but i haven't had a chance to look at their pics yet would this be too big?

Last pictures for now until I do some more painting.

For my succubus with agoniser I've gone with the Jain Zarr model, who looks pretty suitable and mean. Unfortunately it's hard to get good pictures of bare metal.

I replaced her weapons with agonisers which I made as kind of like lightning claws using ghoul hands and several dark elf corsair boathooks. I know you only strictly replace one weapon, but it looks so much better with a pair.

As far as I know, none of the new kits come with agonisers so it'll be interesting to see what others come up with.

Those odd whips you see the kits with, those are agonisers.

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast