BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Finished the baroness bar a couple of small touch-ups needed:

Not happy with the baroness (legs too small, hair too big) so she's getting replaced

Last edited by isotope99; 06-19-2011 at 03:52 PM.

Wow, very impressive. I am just going to go ahead and burn all my conversions and painted models now. Maybe the garbage disposal.

An exceptional inspiration to all us DE players out here! Already stole the RatOgre idea... :P

You may have seen my character thread where I am converting the DE special characters [URL="http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=15650"]http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=15650[/URL] and this has inspired me to come back to this army again. I am going to revamp the paint scheme and replace some of the older models that don't really work any more (like the flyers), where I have new ideas (like the wracks) or where I am just disatisfied with version 1 (like the venom).

First up:

Gunboat Ravager

I wanted a more elegant ravager design so I moved all the dark lances to the midline, flipped the rudder and added sails as wings (the right wing is still on order but there will eventually be a pair). I couldn't quite fit all three guns above the deck so the third is underneath as a turret gun fired by the pilot.

I also found a good use for the spike strips by adding roses from green stuff which are going to be a recurring motif.

It's not too far from my original paint mock-up, which is nice.

Next:

Some enslaved tyranid beasts.

Finished my ravager, I'm pretty pleased with the new colour scheme and I think I will use it for my army reboot.

My first beast squad using tyranid parts:

Razorwings

2 gargoyles on a terminator base with stitched shut eyes, no fleshborers and some DE chains and control modules.

Khymarae

Space hulk genestealers with Talos/Cronos masks

Beastmistresses

I'm going to udse my baroness conversion as the leader but wanted a couple of scourge models. I've added a wrist mounted splinter weapon and a couple of tyranid trophies. They're part of the beast squad so shouldn't be too confusing.

If I even possesed half of your skill I would be happy indeed!!

These models are stunningly beautiful

These are absolutely gorgeous. I love the enslaved tyranids and the vehicles. Great work.

New toy syndrome strikes again.

My razorwing showed up yesterday and I've been converting it to a void raven that's more appropriately sized (my old one is being turned into a venom).

Pretty simple really, I've mated the nose of the razorwing with the main part of the venom. A lot of trimming and quite a bit of GS needed but not too bad. The key was to sry fit repeatedly and shave the nose in small chunks.

The void lances are from the fire prism (although I could have easily just used the dark lances from the kit) as I had a couple of these crystals in my box.

The base is temporary and I'm going to replace it once the new storm of magic releases arrive as I have a couple of ideas for that.

WIP of the void raven base. The balcony piece fits in the flying stand slot.

I wanted an implosion effect with the void mine sucking in terrain and enemy alike.

The webway portal is a stand in hopefully to be replaced by a vortex template from the new storm of magic release.

Last edited by isotope99; 06-23-2011 at 03:17 PM.

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast