BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New Stormraven?

Default New Stormraven?

Hey guys, just posted this at warseer. I went to the 40k FAQ this morning and this is what I got by mistake:

[url]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?categoryId=1000018&pIndex=1&aId=340001 9&multiPageMode=true&start=2[/url]

Could it be true? Or just a badass conversion? They refrence a future WD article in the past tense so I am hopeful!

EDIT:

Here is the picture of it

[url]http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk57/GKTerminators/Miscelanious/Stormraven.jpg[/url]

(Thanks to Brother Constantine on Warseer for putting it up on photobucket)

And the text that went with it:

Over the next few pages, we will be taking a look at how to paint the Blood Angels Stormraven Gunship, including how to weather the vehicle and paint the interior detail. A great addition and centrepiece model for any Blood Angels army, this will be an invaluable guide to help you get the most from this fantastic kit.

Death from Above
    The Stormraven Gunship is an incredibly versatile craft, able to fulfill the roll of orbital dropship, armoured transport and strike aircraft in a way that few, or indeed any, ships could hope to match. The Stormraven ensures that the Blood Angels remain undisputed masters of the skies, as dominant in the air as their troops are on the ground. Smaller and nimbler than the more cumbersome Thunderhawk Gunships, the Stormraven's compact hull and vectored thrusters enable it to operate at maximum efficiency in all but the densest terrain. A Stormraven can often be seen hurtling straight into the heart of the enemy forces, unleashing its considerable arsenal in a terrifying display of firepower, before disgorging a squad, Dreadnought, or even both, into the thick of the fighting.

On the tabletop
    With its potent firepower, speed and transport capacity, the uses of a Stormraven on the battlefield are myriad, but its role of choice is as an unparalleled assault vehicle. With a huge variety of weapon options, and no less than four tank-busting Bloodstrike Missiles, both enemy infantry and vehicles alike fear drawing the attention of its guns. A transport capacity of 12 combined with the ability to safely carry a Dreadnought to battle as well certainly proves the Stormraven to be a transport vehicle of the very finest quality. This unique combination of speed, firepower and transport capacity means that a Stormraven can support any tactical preference, so there is always a place for it in any Blood Angels army.

Nick: A Stormraven will be the focal point of your army, so it's well worth giving it a lot of attention when painting it. These techniques can effectively be applied to any other vehicles in your Blood Angels army too, so keep this in mind and you will have a great looking fleet of vehicles in no time. I painted this Stormraven to match the battleforce that I painted for the Blood Angels army workshop in February 2011's White Dwarf; it's part of the 3rd Company, in keeping with the rest of the models. As a personal touch, I've weathered the model to appear heavily battle worn, but if you wish to keep your vehicle in pristine condition, skip page 6 and you'll have an immaculate vehicle, fresh as if at the beginning of a campaign.

Accompanying text.
    Last edited by Tomalock; 11-11-2010 at 11:04 AM.

Well GW fixed their mistake quickly. Lots of pics of it [url=http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=282670&page=2]HERE[/url]. Yay for GW mistakes that benifit us!

Chapter-Master

you sir... win. Needs bigger wings for that toad body.
    Last edited by Defenestratus; 11-11-2010 at 11:13 AM. Reason: ribbit.

Librarian

Oh, controlled "leaks". Well done on spotting it, man.

I don't really like the design.... waaaaay too much "Flying Land Raider", except it's a Mk1 land raider.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Drew da Destroya View Post
    Oh, controlled "leaks". Well done on spotting it, man.

I don't really like the design.... waaaaay too much "Flying Land Raider", except it's a Mk1 land raider.
    LOL

A giant Lego dropping out of the sky.
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

Chapter-Master

Looks great except for the poor aspect ratio. It's too short and stubby. If they just made it longer, it would look awesome.

Not that is matters for me since I converted a pair Storm Ravens from Valkyrie kits. And not the stupid flying lunchbox conversions, I mean like this: [url]http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2010/09/40k-blood-angels-stormraven-gunship.html[/url]
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

note the furiso in the background

ugh thats ugly why the need for gw to have parts to represent embarked units i dont give 2 flying sh@ts if a dread fits between the wings a little drop podesque abck door and make it a wee bit longer and VOILA a LESS ugly kit

thank god the furiso looks sexy
    Last edited by fuzzbuket; 11-11-2010 at 11:40 AM.
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Interesting cattch! Its really hard to tell, but that is atleast visably not the same furioso as the one they are selling right now. You could be on to something!

Well it has potential as a parts donor for a decent kitbash.

Veteran-Sergeant

Frankly, some of the Valk kitbashes I've seen look better. It is rather distinctive, though.

BA 2nd wave in January confirmed?

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast