BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Battle-Brother

hmmmmm....best moment....

apoc' game. on one side; nids, deldar, chaos and necrons.the other was me using orks, mech IG, smurfs and bangels.

i was deployed on the flank with big units of boyz and several looted boom wagons and next to me was the IG mech army, all brand spanking new models, just painted one hour before the game. we were winning the game, lots of nids died and a fair amount of their tanks had gone. then a trygon game infront of the IG baneblade. we all started to panic. it was our shooting phase, on of my looted wagons turned its boom gun, took aim and the great beast and fired...the scatter dice tumbled across the table, my teams' hearts were pounding, then they stopped....and so did the IG players...it had scattered directly over the baneblade....penertrated.....BIG BOOM. it didnt end there....he was in a tank line formation...so with one friendly fire shot....more than three quarters of the IG tanks were rubble. oh and the trygon didnt take any damage at all and we lost the game.

after this i quickly ran out of the shop to attempt to out run my blood thirsty team :P

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    A few months ago I was walking in the garden, thinking about Eldar and in particular, Warp Spiders. Walked into a spider web, forgot 40k isn't real. Thought it was monofilament wire and started squealing and waving my arms about in the full expectation of being sliced up. My brothers thought this was hilarious.
    This combined with a recent post of yours about 40k dreams makes me think that you have an even more tenuous grasp on reality than the average gamer.
    By the way, 40K isn't racist or sexist. Everyone's equally ****ed. - Mellissia

Sometimes, yes, I call them 'blonde moments'.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by nosferatu View Post
    hmmmmm....best moment....

apoc' game. on one side; nids, deldar, chaos and necrons.the other was me using orks, mech IG, smurfs and bangels.
    Wait, you were using tiny blue guys with funny hats and a girl band from the 80's on your side?

Did they walk like Eqyptians?

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by scadugenga View Post
    Wait, you were using tiny blue guys with funny hats and a girl band from the 80's on your side?

Now Sacadugenga's comment was a Hilarious 40k Moment in itself!
    Melissia Wrote: "I think the secret to getting more people to stop calling you an arrogant elitist douchebag is to stop being an arrogant elitist douchebag."

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Mystery.Shadow View Post
    Now Sacadugenga's comment was a Hilarious 40k Moment in itself!
    Quote Originally Posted by scadugenga View Post

My first thought was 'But the Thousand Sons are on the other side!'

Two of my Grey Knight Paladins (with one wound left each) bum-rushed the byatch of a Vindicare that had been blowing my Stormravens out of the sky - and the utter slag polished them both off before they could land a blow. Let it not be said they're only good for shooting...actually, I'm still really p*ssed about that...

In an Apocaylpse battle last night, my Lelith Hesperax (I only take SCS in apocalypse battles) was hit 16 times by a Punisher gatling cannon. Wounded 16 times, saved every single one with her 4+ dodge. That was hilarious, for me. Not so much for my brother. She then proceeded, over the following three turns, to kill around 2000pts of stuff and survived the game without losing a wound.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

God, I miss Hespirax...

Brother-Sergeant

In one game,I was playing against Mech-Guard riding Vendettas.My Rune Priest landed with his Pod,behind the enemy lines.I successfully casted Living Lightning, rolling it to be an assault 6 weapon.I had perfect view of one of his Squadrons' rear Armour,and so ,smiling wickedly I start rolling the dice to-Hit.Well I managed to roll 4 "1"s and 2 "2"s.My Rune Priest never got the chance to retry...

In another battle,my Death Company was butchering a Squad of Thousand Sons, with Ahriman, until my opponent had a stroke of genius, and turned Lemartes into Chaos Spawn,which wiped out single-handed the rest of my Death Company.From this day, whenever my friend notices Lemartes, he starts speaking of "these fine Imperial Spawns, that always get the Job done".

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast