BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Chaplain

Cockatrice looks amazing.

Black Dragon looks a bit... odd. I think just because Games Workshop does very serpentine dragons, often curled into an S shape and its a bit uncurled. Ill have to decide when i see it in person. I think its phenomenally tall as well.

Manticore looks great above the waist. Not too sure about the legs, but thats nothing that cant be fixed with a bit of repositioning and a big rock to stand on on the base.

The Chimera is hideous. It looks like a really nice, different dragon sculpt with two pretty cool heads shoved on it. But it dosn't work altogether. Which i guess is the point of the creature. I would quite like o see a one-headed chimera. That model could be really nice. Or, maybe it will look like Pete's dragon?

Also, is that a new DE assassin?

And does the eternity stair fit inside witchfate Tor?
    Last edited by Thornblood; 06-14-2011 at 05:03 PM.

Brother-Sergeant

Do indeed wonder where my Dwarves will come out in all of this. perhaps we will get tons of extra dispel dice and so on, and maybe super powered runes? Perhaps an Anvil of Doom thats even better than it already is?

I doubt we'll get a monster, but if we do, maybe a rock golem or something?

I just hope we arent forgotten and that we do indeed get our dispel and runes buffed.

Dorfs are getting things, ancestor runes were mentioned, and a rune of binding with which to control things like cockatrices (in contrast to other races spells of binding).
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Battle-Brother

Does anyone know if lizardmens will get something new in SoM?
    Will we have to use our powerful Slann priest in a re-release resin model or can we expect a new one? I bet for the first solution but who knows, perhaps we will have a nice surprise for the LM army.

I've not heard anything specific about Lizardmen, but SoM isn't just a one off thing, there are more releases planned over the next 6 months. So there is a good chane they will get something. HBut I only know High Elves, Dwarves and Empire have things in the pipeline for sure, and I don't know what they are (beyond a runesmith for Dwarves and wizards in general).
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

I'd like to see a Warrior Priest on a big, bad Rhinocerors-type creature. I don't know why, but something about a Warrior Priest spouting hate-filled litany whilst riding an organic-tank with a giant skewer into battle makes me happy....

The cockatrice looks quite a bit better than my friend's old "death chicken" I have sorely missed monsters. They used to be a whole army selection section unto themselved. 0-25% monsters...

I have that model somewhere. I actually like the death chicken. Although the new model looks really spiffy for its own reasons.

I wonder if they will eventually come out with elementals... I actually liked the old citadel elementals back in the day. Yes, I'm aware I can purchase the old elementals.. but I'd like new sculpts and to have them be summonable in the game (at least in Storm of Magic)
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

Librarian

Dwarfs get stuff? yay!

Got to admit until a few minutes ago I was fairly blah about the whole Storm Of Magic thing, but the pics that Eldargal posted just blew me away - I want some of those models SO BAD right now lol. I see 40K going on the back burner and a large scale switchover to Fantasy for me in the near future

I'm torn about the DE dragon though - I have a fairly large DE army already, and I still have the model for Beastlord Rakarth on Bracchus sitting primed but unpainted in the cabinet. I kinda feel like I owe it to the model to do that one first...

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast