BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default Finecast Second Wave

Edit: Due in August apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth@Warseer
    Not sure if this qualifies enough to be 'news' or put it in GW general but I'm sure someone will want to know what to wait on or to pick up before changing to resin:

WH40K
    Tyranid Venomthrope
    Eldar Warp Spiders squad
    Eldar Howling Banshee squad
    Eldar Harlequin squad
    Inquisitor Karamazov
    Dark Angels Master of the Ravenwing

WHF
    Dwarf Engineer w/ Great Weapon
    Dwarf Thane w/ standard
    Dwarf Grudge thrower
    Dwarf High King Thorgrim
    Lizardmen Slann Mage priest
    High Elf Korhil
    High Elf Prince Tyrion
    Dark Elf Dreadlord on Cold One
    Dark Elf War Hydra
    Khorn Lord on Juggernaut
    Beastmen Doombull

LotRs
    Vault Warden Team
    Witch King of Angmar
    Dragon
    Uruk-hai siege ballista
    Gondor battle trebuchet

Chaos
    The Changling
    Greater Daemon of Khorne
    Greater Daemon of Tzeentch
    Light, resin Howling Banshees that will be easy to convert, I'll be in my bunk.
    Last edited by eldargal; 06-06-2011 at 11:30 PM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Light, resin Howling Banshees that will be easy to convert, I'll be in my bunk.
    Fantastic... ummm... for the howling banshees that is. What you do in your bunk stays in your bunk...
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

Brother-Captain

As something of an official Finecast Naysayer(™), let me just say, "grumble, grumble," followed by a vigorous "harumph."

Master of the Ravenwing being in something other than metal makes a lot of sense, though ... if they can get their casting process under control. Generally I wouldn't expect too much in the way of problems with this one. From personal casting experience, pieces that are large (relatively) with not too much in the way of fiddly details usually come out fine. Things like Lelith, with lots of small feathery details will come out badly unless some more advanced casting techniques or used (which is why I bought her first, as a test). Of course, that's not going to stop me from insisting on opening the box and physically inspecting the piece before I buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronowraith View Post
    What you do in your bunk stays in your bunk...
    Hmm. If it doesn't spill out onto the floor and involve several more rooms, I'd argue she's not doing it right.

Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

Yes, at present I recommend anyoen buying a Finecast model to open it in the store first, that way if there is something wrong you can swap it right away.

I don't think it is the casting process that is problematic, it is Quality Control. Miscasts should not be packaged up and sent out to stores, but they are. It isn't like it is impossible to get perfect casts, it can just take a few tries. Which isn't good enough, I agree.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Will be interesting to see how Karamazov and the Master of the Ravenwing come out. Both being larger pieces, or having larger componants.

Not to mention those greater deamons are currently a pain to assemble, so having them in resin will be brilliant
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Veteran-Sergeant

I think I'll be buying a Finecast Hyrdra because A) wouldn't mind a second Hydra and B) I can stop dragging around the metal one that keeps falling apart because I can't be arsed to pin it.

Brother-Sergeant

Happy face for my eldar, I have been wanting to to put some harlies in my army for quite some time. Sad face for my new Khorne Zerkers as I was hoping that they would be my test bunnies for this new fangled finecast jazz.

I don't care if the casting is so bad that half the venomthrope is missing, it will still be way less of a pain.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTurkey View Post
    I don't care if the casting is so bad that half the venomthrope is missing, it will still be way less of a pain.
    Yeah, I took one look at those when they were released and knew I wouyld never buy, not after the pain in the arse that was the metal Hive Tyrant. However, I've been very pleased with the new FC Tyrant, so I thin i'll pick up some venomthropes. And maybe some zoanthropes that don't constantly fall over and chip/break every time someone breathes on them!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by CouchViking View Post
    Happy face for my eldar, I have been wanting to to put some harlies in my army for quite some time. Sad face for my new Khorne Zerkers as I was hoping that they would be my test bunnies for this new fangled finecast jazz.
    wait arnt zerkers plasic anyway? i thought it was only plaguies and TS in metal with noise mariens being hybrids
    Last edited by fuzzbuket; 06-05-2011 at 10:18 AM.
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast