BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Chapter-Master

Default Someones tried to organise a "boycott" of GW.

Ironically linked to this by the BoLS Facebook page, but not seen it on here...

[url]http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/event.php?eid=226381417388469[/url]

Some people really are just off. Some of the comments people have posted make me despair even more for this hobby than the companies policy...if this is the intelligence of some of the players, then we are screwed...
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

foolish angry people do what makes them think will help. i doubt that the 400 even bought any gw in last 4 years

Adeptus Custodes

I haven't bought a model in years, not out of any kind of idealogical reason. even if it was I'm sure the hordes of 12 year olds who take up the hobby for a a couple of months before they find an interest in girls and music comfortably cancel me, and those boycotters.

I do buy plenty of black library books though.
    More Necromunda please.

Librarian

The real problem is that some fanboys are real nutties...

For every oldie that stops buying, GW can get three poor little innocent 12-ish childs into their stores...
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar´s Gauntlets

Brother-Captain

All I can say is more power to 'em. Chances are it will have absolutely no impact at all, but you never know until you try.

Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

Chaplain

Smile

LOL..... so thats what a plastic addict AA group looks like!
    "Hello my name is Tom and I haven't bought plastic in 18 months"
    Good job Tom
    "Hello my name is Carl and I haven't bought plastic in ten years"
    Way to go Carl!

Somehow this makes me love this hobby even more, that people have to band together to feel better about not buying plastic. Good luck to all of you to stay off the band wagon.
    I'm gonna skip work right now and go to my local GamesWorkshop and spend at least 150 euro on plastic.
    "I have seen what you will see. I have fought what you must fight, and I have slain what you must slay...." Commander Dante

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by MarneusCalgar View Post
    The real problem is that some fanboys are real nutties...

For every oldie that stops buying, GW can get three poor little innocent 12-ish childs into their stores...
    You are right about the nutties. I do hope you are right about your second point too. My concern is that the younger crowd won't be able to afford the prices as easily as older and better-paid geezers like me.

Librarian

Yes, that´s also right... That´s why GW staff, here in Spain, tries to catch the younglings´s father more than the boys... Because his Visa Gold is the key!!
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar´s Gauntlets