BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
    Librarian

I usually don't take much stock in model avalibility from the website; but a few things got my interest if it is related to all the rumours.
    Warriors are gone (could mean they're getting re-boxed, in line with most troop boxes)
    Destroyers and heavy destroyers are still available (likely not changing).
    The flayed ones, pariahs and tomb spyders are gone (we've heard rumours that pariahs were either dropped or changed significantly, and that spyders are getting a new kit).
    Immortals are still available! (this seems odd to me; you'd think they'd be redone, going finecast, something, anything).
    Wraiths are also missing.

That gives us a possible first wave of:
    Flayed ones
    Spyders
    Wraiths (finecast?)
    Necro-teks?
    Necromancer
    War barge
    Special Character?
    It is not the combat I resent, brother. It is the thirst for glory that gets men cut into ribbons.

Brother-Captain

Heavy Destroyers have to be changing. At least somewhat.

They're a hybrid metal/plastic kit. And hybrid kits suck.

Default Necron Rumors via BoK

Here's the latest Necron rumor bill, in case others don't read Blood of Kittens:

Necrons
    Author : Mat Ward for the bulk of the codex, but two others were involved before him.
    Release Schedule
    Wave 1: Immortals, Tomb Spiders, Destroyers (parts are new), Necromancer (Rumoured MC?)
    Wave 2: Wraiths, Repackaged Warriors (now 10 with extra coloured rods), whatever else.
    6 new Vehicles in the army
    Rules
    Reanimation: – An updated variant of We’ll Be Back. Models with this rule who were killed last turn roll a d6 at the end of each phase, regardless of what caused the wound (thunder hammer, etc…); standing back up on a 5+. Res Orbs makes this a 4+ roll if within 6″.
    Eternal Life: – for ICs, this grants a Reanimation roll after the model loses its last wound. If successful, the IC stands back up with 1 wound and, if within 1″of enemy models is placed in assault with them.
    Living Metal: – Crew Shaken results are ignored on a 2+, Crew Stunned results are ignored on a 4+. All other current codex benefits are removed.
    Gauss Weapons: – Armor penetration rolls of 6 auto-glance, to-wound rolls of 6 auto wound.
    Many Psychic Powers listed as “Tech Upgrades”
    Phase out is reworked
    Complicated rules from the codex are getting simplified and a lot of the war gear options are vanishing
    Wargear
    Some but not all gauss weapons are rending.
    Living metal is changing
    Necrons will have their magic power guy, tech upgrades instead of psychic powers most likely
    Veil of Darkness: no longer allows a unit to be pulled out of combat, except in the case of the Veil carried by one of the named Lords
    Quantum Shielding: Gives open topped skimmers 2+ save for front & side armour until vehicle takes it’s first glance/pen
    Weapons
    Heat Ray: Melta or Flamer depending on which is needed.
    Gauss: Glance on to hit rolls of 6
    Gauss Cannon: Assault 2 S6 AP3.
    Gauss Flux Arc: Each Arc fires separately and can hit four different targets.
    Tesla: Causes 2 more hits on to hit rolls of 6
    Tesla Heavy Cannon: Chance of hitting all other units close to the target; both friend and foe.
    Doomsday Cannon: 72″ S9 AP1 Heavy1 Large Blast.
    Named Lords
    The Enfleshed – making Flayed Ones Troops Said to be 100% confirmed
    The Undying – making Immortals Troops
    The Silent King ?
    The Voidbringer ?
    The Stormcaller ?
    HQ
    C’tan are gone, and are replaced with powerful named Necron lords and special characters.
    One of the Lords makes Immortals troops
    Another Special Character has some really nice anti psyker abilities
    While the Ctan are themselves out of the codex their influence is still in place.
    One of the lords was like 240 points or somewhere around there. He looks like he has potential to be beastly in CC though.
    A lord that makes flayed ones troops
    Crypteks
    Similar to Haemonculi?
    Can take Veil of Darkness
    Pariahs
    Overhaul into Lord retinue (second wave)
    Troops
    Warriors
    Cost: 12pts
    Statline: 4/4/4/4/1/2/1/10/4+
    Will come 10 to a box
    New options and also other colors of rod (orange and red I think? Orange is not bright orange, but sort of dark, kinda like a beer color almost)
    Warriors are not changing, but doesn’t preclude a new weapon/option sprue.
    Otherwise look the same.
    Immortals
    Cost: 17pts
    Statline: 4/4/4/4/1/2/1/10/3+
    Redone, in plastic? Unsure of the material.
    Lots of “Bling”
    Bigger than old ones
    One of the Special Character ‘Cron lords makes them troops
    Will come in boxes of 5, can be in units of up to 10.
    Large (35mm) base; they are redesigned as larger, bulkier and more dynamic (plastic kit)
    Elites, 6 Choices
    C’Tan
    Monstrous Creature
    Can take 1 per Elite slot
    Good in CC
    Can purchase a bunch of different abilities: in line with things like messing with Deep Striking enemy units, making enemies move through terrain differently, allowing Necron player to change some of his deployment.
    Can take item that erodes armour
    Flayed Ones
    Statline: 4/4/4/4/1/2/3/10/4+
    Redone, unsure of the material.
    Walker
    Lyche Guard
    S5 T5 3+
    Can take Warscythe
    New unit 2
    Sniper style unit
    Deep Strike as normal or can choose to immediately Deep Strike after the opponent brings an enemy unit on from Reserves
    Can nominate a unit to take additional damage
    New unit 3
    S5 T5 3+
    Jump Infantry
    Very close range shooting and some decent CC ability
    Fast Attack, 4 Choices
    Wraiths
    Rules: Fearless
    Are “harsh” now
    Jump Infantry 18″ charge
    Scarab Swarms
    Cost: 12pt
    Move like Beasts
    Entropic Effect: Ability to erode enemy armour in CC, any non-vehicle unit they wound, but dont kill, has its armour save turned to a dash (i.e. nothing) for the rest of the game.
    If they hit a vehicle, on 4+ the vehicle loses a point of armour value on ALL facings, if any facing is reduced to zero the vehicle is destroyed (not sure if for each reduce armour value or only once per unit per phase)
    Destroyers
    -See heavy for combined rumours
    Tomb Blades (jetbikes)
    This rumour might be for the Elite jump infantry?
    New fast attack unit
    Look kinda like flayed ones
    They have an 18” charge with their special ability
    Think jump infantry with special rules
    5 per box
    Heavy Support
    Monolith
    Remain expensive
    Destroyers/Heavy Destroyers
    Redone in plastic.
    Like the old hybrid kits, but in plastic with fancier torso’s.
    The skimmer body things don’t look much changed.
    Option for a lawn mower (lown mower as in a gun that has alot of shots, to mow throw hordes) type weapon too if you want to deal with hordes, 1 per box.
    Tomb spider
    3 different builds
    Will have several options and be able to fulfil a variety of roles in the army.
    Spyders redone in plastic.
    1 per box.
    New MC/Vehicle
    Can throw down some long range hurt but is still underwhelming compared to things like the Manticore 48” range
    1 per box
    Necromancer
    Resurrection (the vehicle that can add models back into the unit is also able to use this ability on any unit = Ability for this unit?)
    Warscythe
    Gauss “something”
    Plastic kit
    Sky Barge/Chariot
    Plastic kit
    Fast Skimmer
    Armor 11-11-10
    Living metal
    36″ move
    two kinds of weapons
    Strength 10 AP 1 12 inch range
    Strenth 7 AP -, can hit multiple targets
    New giant MC
    Ranged or Melee options
    Wraith Lord feel all around
    One of the guns looks similar to the new gun the destroyer guys are getting which works well against hordes.
    He has a lot of weapon options
    1 per box.

Librarian

I find some of those rumours very hard to believe.
    Namely, the warriors reboxing is second wave? So they won't have the core troop choice available for purchase at release?
    It is not the combat I resent, brother. It is the thirst for glory that gets men cut into ribbons.

Brother-Captain

I'm really hoping that the rumor about different colored rods as different gun types is false. I don't want to be forced to use certain colors on my models to be WYSIWYG.

Veteran-Sergeant

Actually all of those are from my thread over at Heresy-Online.net

As far as the rumours go that is what I have collected over the past 6 months or however long my thread has been up, as for validity I can't say. I've tried to bunch up all rumours related to the same unit or ability, as it's all rumours you can never be 100% sure but it gives you a general idea or direction the army is going.

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by Lerra View Post
    I'm really hoping that the rumor about different colored rods as different gun types is false. I don't want to be forced to use certain colors on my models to be WYSIWYG.
    Not sure where you heard that as a "rumour" but I surmised that idea months (maybe even last year) ago when I first heard about the possibilty of coloured rods. If you did hear it from me rest assured I was just thinking aloud so to speak.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Chaplain

I am interested in seeing pics! It will be interesting finding out which of these rumors is total bunk. I am interested what the new C'tan minis will look like as well. Outsider or Void Dragon anyone?

I heard C'tan were being removed from the army list entirely to be kept as background figures. That came from fairly reliable source too, I thought.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Suprised no ones mentioned the BoK rumours BoLS has loudly posted on the front page.

I hope to god they aren't true...either of them.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast