BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 35 of 47 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by StraightSilver View Post
    but seriously play it out (I used the current points values except for Rhinos) and it diesn't seem all that bad.
    I would, but IMO it goes against too much of the background that I like to even bother (no psychic protection, seraphim not even decent assault troops, sisters in general not "elite" human troops even though their fluff says they are, etc.). IMO it appears the non-Sisters units look better than almost everything else in the list which seems wrong to me. Anyway, if some folks enjoy it, so be it. Perhaps the wargear may make them slightly more appealing, but personally I doubt it. To me they took everything the Sisters were good at, i.e. meltas, flamers, leadership (stubborn-esque), etc.) and gave it to Marines. Now they nerf the only things they had left which realistically was not much to begin with, but it was something. Not sure I will play them again until/if a real codex brings them back to their original fluff. Just me though...

Cheers, Gary

Quote Originally Posted by StraightSilver View Post
    \

The Battle Sisters ability to regroup regardless of conditions is actually very good, better than the Space Marine equivalent as they cannot regroup if there are enemy within 6 inches whereas Battle Sisters can!
    ummm...didnt they have that ability as a faith power before?

Chapter-Master

Kinda. They had a power that made them Fearless, which just happened to also make them auto rally.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

First-Captain

So farI'm looking at 5 crusades/ 5 deathcult with Jacobs providing re roll hits , + 1 attack, and feel no pain.
    1 deathcult would have 5 str 4 power weaon attacks on the charge.

Battle-Brother

Wondered what people thought on the possibility of this:

What if Laud Hailers give Furious Charge? It could easily count as "emboldening allies" as the description says. It would make Celestians pretty decent at combat, and Seraphim too. It would make battle conclaves pretty retarded (DCA with 4 S5 I7 attacks on the charge?) in combat too

Veteran-Sergeant
    That would make it too easy for the Imperial Assassins

Thaaaat would be pretty nice, but they keep referring to it as Laud Hailers all over, which seems a little funny if it's a universal rule. Nothing stopping it, but I would think it would be some sort of special rule or interpretation for it to reference the wargear section. That could be a Furious Charge bubble or something, but we'll find out soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by chicop76 View Post
    So farI'm looking at 5 crusades/ 5 deathcult with Jacobs providing re roll hits , + 1 attack, and feel no pain.
    1 deathcult would have 5 str 4 power weaon attacks on the charge.
    and you have a 11 man assault unit that is footslogging it in a mecha edition and costs probably around 300-350pts+ .

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by the jeske View Post
    and you have a 11 man assault unit that is footslogging it in a mecha edition and costs probably around 300-350pts+ .
    I doubt that. It's 150 for 5 crusaders/ 5 deathcult in greyknights. Seriously doubt Jacob is going to cost 150_200 pts. I'm guessing 250 for 11 models or even 275 max. 25 str 4 re roll hits and 15 str 3 for 40 powerweapon attacks is still pretty good. 10 deathcult would make it 50 powerweapon attacks.

Veteran-Sergeant
    That would make it too easy for the Imperial Assassins

Some news pertinent to the Sisters. White Dwarf 379 (380 UK, this is with the C:SoB part 1) is sold out on GW's US website.

Difficult to say who was more to blame though, it was either Vampire Counts or Sisters of Battle almost assuredly. More telling will be how quickly the next edition sells out (or if it does), since that only has new rules for the Sisters.
    Last edited by Lancel; 08-06-2011 at 04:25 PM.

Chapter-Master

Army features are common in WD. Why would a WD featuring Vampire Counts suddenly sell out, just because it's vampire counts? I mean, fantasy is kinda on the downhill anyways. But part of an actual new codex? This is the only WD I've ever considered buying.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Page 35 of 47 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast