BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default New contemptor dreadnought weapons

I just found these pics online of some new weapons contemptor dreadnought weapons.

Chapter-Master

I want a dreadnought with dual assault cannons and a cyclone missile launcher...
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

I liked MR Bedfords joke in the seminar that they should produce a dreadnought with jump packs so people can have entire dreadnought armies.

The contemptor is kind of cute, reminds me of my pet frog. Still at this rate there will be more SM dreadnoughts than xenos kits combined.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Librarian

These are quite awesome; love the idea of a dreadnought with a conversion beamer - making that gun Relentless suddenly makes it unbelievably good. Of course, the idea of a Dreadnought constantly running away does seem a little counterintuitive, but it does work...

The twin-linked Heavy Bolters look awesome. I also like the slightly camp pose they've given to the Dreadnought with the right-hand Plasma Cannon...

Battle-Brother

Talking

I just love this model ordered one soon as it was up on the site, the quality of my cast was amazing not a single flaw, washed, filed like 3-4 mold lines and put it together. Also it comes with 2 sets of feet, which is nice them big old boots fit quite nice on my deamon prince The ball and joint sockets are great recess in a magnet here and there and my Contemptor has 2 point of articulation in the waist, 2 in each arm and the head of course. Can't wait for that Heavy Conversion Beamer, it will be awesome! Also can't wait to find out about this Gravaton Gun in the hand? They will most likely make chapter ones of chaos ones so im screwed and will have to buy them all. Im going to end up with a dozen by this time next year if they keep this up
    Last edited by proeliator_legio; 08-05-2011 at 11:32 AM.

Chapter-Master

wow i love the assault connon one (but i thought they didnt exist at the hersy?) and whilst the guns are a tad small and one shinguard has a smaller indent for the foot than the other its awsome !

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I liked MR Bedfords joke in the seminar that they should produce a dreadnought with jump packs so people can have entire dreadnought armies.
    i was going to make one :P valk cockpit sides+ valk engines+ dread + far too much armoured core = ?
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Quote Originally Posted by MaltonNecromancer View Post
    The twin-linked Heavy Bolters look awesome. I also like the slightly camp pose they've given to the Dreadnought with the right-hand Plasma Cannon...
    Ohhh nooo, i got blood on my power fist D:

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzbuket View Post
    wow i love the assault connon one (but i thought they didnt exist at the hersy?)
    They did exsist, but they where new tech (Or old... or whatever, but I am sure you get my meaning :L)
    Last edited by Corvus-Master-of-The-4th; 08-05-2011 at 02:14 PM.
    [I][I] =][= "Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse” =][=

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by snikrot View Post
    Why in Terra's name did the old Dreadnoughts have way better firepower than current Dreadnoughts? Not to mention a better overall design.
    "What scares us is I think we needed violence."
    http://reddragons40k.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Mike X View Post
    Why in Terra's name did the old Dreadnoughts have way better firepower than current Dreadnoughts? Not to mention a better overall design.
    I believe it's because it's 40K. Everything was actually better before, take the MK4 Power Armour for example.
    Also the conversion beam is an ancient weapon the Imperium is unable to produce today.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Still at this rate there will be more SM dreadnoughts than xenos kits combined.
    Indeed, although the [URL="http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat570035a&prodId=prod1190 053a"]Tomb Kings Khemrian Warsphinx/Necrosphinx[/URL] is pretty much a Wraithlord aspect conversion kit. You can make a Warsphinx, then the Necrosphinx parts include:

Scorpion head-crest and tail (self-explanatory), arm-blades for Warp Spider, big metal feathered wings for Swooping Hawk, lots of skeleton-y bits for Dark Reaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike X View Post
    Contrary to what Mat Ward would have you believe, the Imperium's current tech is a bit rubbish compared to their older stuff. They've lost a lot of the knowledge etc., although as mentioned, Mat Ward would have you believe that they're constantly making shiny new things and making the Tau look slow.
    Last edited by Anggul; 08-06-2011 at 05:24 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast