BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default Cvife's Pre Heresy Death Guard (A blatant rip off of Bigred!)

Hi everyone!

Here's an interesting failure of logic for you all, I recently sold a fairly large pre heresy death guard army.... So I would have the money to buy a pre heresy death guard army!

The difference being that this new army would be all forge world, or otherwise very heavily converted.

I am doing this army for fun, there is no real plan for it except stick to the fluff as best I can (so lots of foot marines without transports!) and make it look nice. It will not be intentionally beardy in any way.

So lets start with the first thing, A captain, I intend to use the rules for Pedro Kantor for him since he seems to have appropriate bonuses and stats, Here's the model I've made for him:

Next up is the first tactical squad, these all use the forgeworld mk3 (Iron Armour) models, as will all tactical marines, this squad isn't complete yet, they still need the legion's symbol and squad markings as well as finishing the basing:

The only thing I kept from the old version of the army in the predator, I am quite proud of this model, it is based on the current Rhino chassis but with the parts of an old metal predator to make it look more retro:

Finally here's a group shot of the whole army so far:

I've just made a large order to forgeworld for amongst other things, a Contemptor Dreadnought which should tine sometime after tuesday.

so, the question everyone who posts on here is thinking, What do you all think?

The question to ask is are YOU happy with it?

Librarian

I find it very nice!!!

But the question is if you find them nice and fine on your initial ideas...
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar“s Gauntlets

Chapter-Master

very nice cant wait to see the rest
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Adeptus Custodes

Remember they don't paint their Terminator armour.
    More Necromunda please.

Looks nice but if you're going pure pre heresy why storm bolter instead of twin linked bolter on your hq?
    Last edited by Shadoq; 08-15-2011 at 04:48 AM.

Thanks for all the comments!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoq View Post
    Looks nice but if you're going pure pre heresy why storm bolter instead of twin linked bolter on your hq?
    Basically, to keep things simple and because it looks good, I find twin linked bolters to be too large on a model like that. Also, the storm bolter would have been a rare and experimental weapon around that time, so, it could just be a prototype undergoing field testing etc!

Well I'm really surprised because obviously the close-up shot doesn't stand up to scrutiny but the squad shot looks awesome. I'm sorry how that sounds like a back-handed compliment but it's perhaps a lesson to all those, like myself, who are procrastinating over getting figures painted. It shows you don't have to make a Golden Demon finish to make an army look good. Sometimes the bold strokes show the greatest results and the fine details are otherwise lost on the battlefield.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Well, the annoying news is that the £150 order I made to forgeworld in order to properly get this army off the ground still hasn't turned up yet (three weeks and counting, I hate the royal mail!), the good news is that they've sent it out again and I should have it in the next couple of days, so anyway, it's given me the time to do more work on the stuff I already had, so heres a picture of the original Tactical Squad:

hopefully, I should have a significant update to this blog sooner rather then later!

Does that mean if the original order turns up you get twice the goodies, or are you supposed to send them back?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast