BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Iron Father

Default Not Empire but VC next ?

Check this out guys, surprises me to be honest.

[url]http://natfka.blogspot.com/2011/10/vampire-count-rumors-january.html[/url]
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

First-Captain

I dnt believe it, if it was that soon the WD article woundnt be needed.
    For the Greater good.

Librarian

I wouldn't read too much into it.
    Some of those rumours have been taking out of context (mostly Harry's).

Personally, Vampires were done too recently and have too many up-to-date mini's to be worth re-releasing a new book (you'd get zombies and black-knights, that's pretty much it).

I'd call it now that High/Dark Elves will likely be done before Vampires (both would make a ton of money off new core boxes).
    It is not the combat I resent, brother. It is the thirst for glory that gets men cut into ribbons.

First-Captain

HE would make me happy but 2 books b4 brets make me sad
    For the Greater good.

Chapter-Master

What about the books that really need doing, like Brets and WE? Bah, I'm not happy if this is accurate.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Iron Father

Brets, WE, Empire and Dwarfs I think are in need of an update before VC even gets a look in. HE I think are way off.
    I do love this guys blog though, updates usually daily and a good read.
    Last edited by Deadlift; 10-06-2011 at 02:49 PM.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

While I'd prefer to see Brets, WE, or even Empire rewritten before the Vamps, I do think it's possible that VC is right around the corner. Their current book is incredibly strong, and I think the Storm of Magic campaign proved just that. GW might be trying to balance out the best and least performing books.

Still, here's hoping for Brets or Empire first. I need a "good" army to play in fantasy and I really don't want to go with High Elves.
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

The problem is no one is sure whether we are dealing with books or waves. VC might be getting another book soon, or it might just be another wave. Conversely Empire may be getting another book soon, but it may be after a VC wave but before their book or vice versa.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Direct from Harry on Warseer:
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Old thread got shelved ... for going off topic.

So I have started a new one ... because as far as I know Vampire Counts are the next thing for fantasy.

I will start it again with Huan Qu'itts excellent summary of all the scraps so far with some added bits:

Originally Posted by Harry
    I said : I had VC, Empire and Dwarves in the frame.

Originally Posted by ihavetoomuchminis
    And VC come in January. Believe it or not.

Originally Posted by 75hastings69
    The WD VC article should be viewed as a stop gap between books, terrorgheist will be in proper print much quicker than some people may imagine

Hastings also mentioned new Krell mini coming:

Originally Posted by 75hastings69
    Wait till you see the other new vc stuff new krell anyone?

some time ago flesh golems and black coach appeared in the rumour-mill:

Yeah but you wouldn't say no to a plastic black coach and some flesh Golems would you.

Originally Posted by Tonny
    Ah yes, I think Hastings mentioned the Flesh Golems.
    I am quite exited about a new VC book

He did. The concept art for them is very cool. Half way between a big zombie and a ghoul with lots of stitching,

Originally Posted by Harry (in reply to Huan Qu'itt post ... 'unless I am reading to much into Harry post about a new black coach kit')
    Nope, you are reading fine.

It seems that the Black Coach will be a dual kit.

About the Monstruous infantry unit, i've been told that they are more of Big ghouls than big zombies. Oh, and the models can have something no MI in the game have yet..... maybe something like the terrorgheist, but smaller? Don't know, just guessing.

and from Frgt/10
    Heard about this a while ago but wasn't sure what to make of it. Seems there might be something to it though:

The next army to go on stock rundown in GW stores is Vampires.

This is before things like Empire which some people have been whispering about as well; so my money would be on the toothy ones being released first.

A summary of the rumours so far:

- VC are next army book to be released (Harry, 75hastings69 Frgt/10), in january (ihavetoomuchminis)
    - new unit "flesh golems" - something like a mix of large ghoul and zombie with a lot of stitches (Harry, 75hastings69, ihavetoomuchminis) with something no monsterous infantry has had before (ihavetoomuchminis)
    - new plastic black coach mini (Harry), dual kit (ihavetoomuchminis, Harry)
    - new krell and female vampire minis (75hastings69)
    - and some old rumour concerning new plastic black knights - (Riders confirmed by Harry but not "black knights").

Thanks to Huan Qu'itts for pulling all this together.

Some bits from me. The 'black coach kit' is not a straight replacement (like say the steam tank was for the Empire) and it is a dual kit. Also, we do get riders ... but they are not a straight replacement for the black knights either.

BRING IT ON!
    So VC are the next book, nevermind me previous post. It makes sense, the last VC book helped break 7th, and currently it is decent but there are like 6 units worth taking in the whole list. You could argue that WE or Bretonnians should come first but I imagine GW wants to shore up better selling armies first.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Librarian

I still don't buy it.

Harry's post about Vampire, Empire and Dwarves, isn't complete; he later posts that he thinks Vampires was probably the White Dwarf update.

I've never seen GW release a white dwarf update/army book/codex and not wait at least 2 years for the actual book (Blood Angles, Lizardmen, Wood Elves, and now Sisters of battle).
    If Vampires are the next army book, then Sisters of Battle will be in Feburary.

Now a third wave release with kits for the Black Coach and mounted knights; I'd believe that.

The Krell rumor; could that have been a mix up with the Warhammer Forge undead releases coming soon...
    It is not the combat I resent, brother. It is the thirst for glory that gets men cut into ribbons.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast