BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Banelegions Miniatures by Maelstrom Games

[URL="http://banelegions.maelstromgames.co.uk/"]BaneLegions[/URL], [URL="http://www.maelstromgames.co.uk/index.php?act=cat&cre=min-blg&sou=cat"]store[/URL], with its BaneBeasts and BaneLords is a miniature range put out by Maelstrom games consisting of a series of monsters and single characters for a forthcoming skirmish ruleset that they just confirmed recently. The models are all resin and of very high quality.Some of my favourites:

Euryalia (I use as counts as Keeper of Secrets):

Chimaera:

Flint Fang:

Minotaur chap:

They can be expensive, the Chimaera is ninety pounds for example, but they are lovely models.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Some more:

Nagausith (nicer face the paintjob makes it appear in my opinion):

Erec One Arm:

Kermorannac, cyclops (obviously)

Rose of Kher-Ys, obligatory bare breasted ho:
    [url]http://banelegions.maelstromgames.co.uk/images/BNL-002_painted_web_01.png[/url]
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Do women in fantasy worlds suffer from excessive niple rash? They all seem to have an aversion tocoverign their breasts for some reason....
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

It seems so hehe, still Banelegions range is better than Hasslefree and Brother Vinni in that regard.

Librarian

The Chimera is awesome sauce but how do they fit in with the rank and file GW stuff all the pics ive seen make them look huge.

The big monsters are big, but the characters as far as I know are all on 20mm bases which make them similar in size to GWs.

Librarian

I've always loved that chimera.

Altogether, the Bane Beasts line reminds me of Ultraforge (except, y'know, they're still making new minis).

Good stuff. I wasn't aware that they were going to make a game, though. I thought that they were like Scibor or Avatars of War (making minis to be your Warhammer centerpieces).

www.GardenNinja.com

The Chimera is beautiful, though quite conventional in its design.

I just picked up Meloda (the warrior queen model), and she's absolutely fabulous. In terms of UK pricing, she was on par with the dismounted Valten (under 9quid) and by Australian pricings she was half the price of the cheapest GW foot character or single model blister.

The resin casting quality is nearly flawless - it's better than Verlinden or the fabulous Warrior series of 54mm historical figures. I've counted two, perhaps three tiny flaws on her, and these are where an indentation goes slightly further in than it looks like it should, but I'm not sure if that's a casting error/bubble or simply the guy who had the GS tools in his hand pressed down slightly too much there. The third potential issue is on the back cloak, is less than 1mm in size, and I'm still puzzling if it's actually there or if it's a trick of the light and the resin colour!

So far I wholeheartedly recommend these models, they're on par with some of the greats for resin models and utterly crap all over GW and Forgeworld casting quality.

As a final detail, they come in proper clamshell blisters like the PP models do, so if you buy one as a gift for someone you can pop it out, look at it, stroke the beautiful resin, and then put it back in without the recipient ever knowing.

New Banebeasts Manticore on the way:
    Last edited by eldargal; 01-14-2012 at 06:29 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast