BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Necron first wave info

From Warseer:
    Quote Originally Posted by Darnok
    This newsletter speaks of four plastic boxes, four characters in Finecast, and one regiment/unit box in Finecast as the releases on 5th of October.
    Flayed ones are Finecast. I would assume the first wave will be split in two as with DE and two more plastic kits will be come later alongside some more Finecast. Pre-orders should go up on the 30th.

Picture of a Cryptek or whatever they are called:
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Librarian

That model is actually the first of the new necrons i don't like He has horns and a long face almost like a goat, its as if GW have designed him specifically for goatboy.
    Last edited by lattd; 10-20-2011 at 06:52 AM.

Chapter-Master

Hesa bit wierd....hes got 2 eyes....one in his hand one in his Face!

Also that quote says 5th October. Seeing as that was 15 days ago, gonna assume that means November
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by lattd View Post
    That model is actually the first of the new necrons i don't like He has horns and a long face almost like a goat, its as if GW have designed him specifically for goatboy.
    Shhhhhhhhh! Don't say that... He'll hear you. Robo-Goats will soon rage and power list!
    Check it: http://hotschnitzel.blogspot.com/

Brother-Captain

So would it be safe to assume the first wave is looking like:

PLASTIC
    Ghost Ark/Doomsday Ark kit
    Command Barge/Annihilation Barge kit
    Immortal/Deathmark kit
    Lychguard/Triarch Praetorian kit

FINECAST
    Flayed Ones kit
    Necron Overlord
    Necron Cryptek
    Trazyn the Infinite
    Imotehk the Stormlord

Now while some people will point out we've seen images of a solo Necron Lord (and not Overlord - this one looks distinctly smaller and less impressive), I'd like to point out that this lord looks exactly like the model that comes with the Command/Annihilation Barge kit. That kit appears to, like the Tomb King Warsphinx, include a character model on the sprue that can be placed on its own base and used as an HQ model by itself, if you like.

Also, the infantry box sets are grouped like that because the models that are together in one kit appear to have the same legs/torso base, so it's likely they are from combined kits.

With that in mind, I think the above list makes a lot of sense for what we'll see in the first wave.

Regarding the 'eye' in the Cryptek's hand in the above image...looks like a Resurrection Orb to me. :P
    I don't see the horns or goat-face, personally, though...looks like a trick of the low-quality image/lighting. Seems he has a head like a Deathmark with the crest-thing that the lords and such now have.
    Last edited by Kawauso; 10-20-2011 at 11:55 AM.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Kawauso View Post
    So would it be safe to assume the first wave is looking like:

PLASTIC
    Ghost Ark/Doomsday Ark kit
    Command Barge/Annihilation Barge kit
    Immortal/Deathmark kit
    Lychguard/Triarch Praetorian kit

FINECAST
    Flayed Ones kit
    Necron Overlord
    Necron Cryptek
    Trazyn the Infinite
    Imotehk the Stormlord

Is it just me or is it weird that the normal Warriors are not coming out in this wave? It seems like you would want the basic troops to be out first? Or has GW done this before?

Brother-Captain

I think it's weird, given that the green rods have been phased out (hah) of the Necron aesthetic.

Makes me wonder what will happen to plastic kits like Warriors and the Monolith that, aside from the green rods, are otherwise decent kits, still.

I mean, it looks pretty clear from the Ghost Ark kit that the design of the basic gauss flayer that Warriors carry has changed to match the new look...but we're not getting a new Warrior kit with the codex to reflect this? To say nothing of potential options for Warrior units (assuming they get any; bolters that glance all AVs on a 6 are pretty good and I won't be too disappointed if they don't have weapon options). It's a little irksome, really. :/

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by celestialatc View Post
    Is it just me or is it weird that the normal Warriors are not coming out in this wave? It seems like you would want the basic troops to be out first? Or has GW done this before?
    It's been known for a while that all current plastic kits will not change.

Brother-Captain

The current Necron warriors are fine, and there won't be a replacement model for a long time. They will be repackaged from the current box of 16 to a box of 10, though. Eventually.

Brother-Captain

...16?

The boxes I've gotten have always only contained 10 Warriors and some Scarabs...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast