BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raging Heroes.

Default Raging Heroes.

Raging Heroes are another small producer of quality miniatures that deserved a mention. They do some lovely 28 and 54mm scale hero models and a couple of beasties, of which the Manticore is the nicest in my opinion:

Asharah:

Manticore:

Syl Iriah:

They also do a couple of sci-fi models, one of Asharah and a Commissar style sculpt.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Veteran-Sergeant

The manticore is awesome. A very nice quality sculpt and product. I'd say it is ideal for a vampire or dark elf army, just due to the size of the rider model. It is a very slight build. I got it for my WoC army with the intent of using chaos knight legs to fit it to the manticore. Too bulky. The legs for the original rider are too slight to support a WoC armored torso.
    I haven't had time to work on him in a while, but I will probably use the new GW tzeentch sorcerer since he had spindly legs that are easily manipulated in place.

Chapter-Master

Cut off the stupid horns and that's an ideal Ariel model for WE.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Chapter-Master

Does anyone happen to own any of these and can take a side-by-side comparison with some other figs. Not everyone's 28mm is always the same.

www.queencityguard.com

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    Does anyone happen to own any of these and can take a side-by-side comparison with some other figs. Not everyone's 28mm is always the same.
    I own the Ashara and the Manticore. Unfortunately they are packed up in storage since I am moving.

I would say the scale for Ashara is comparable to a dark eldar wych or succubus. The rider for the Manticore is smaller than my chaos warriors, but would probably be right for dark elves. The manticore itself is shorter than the GW version, but only due to the awesome pose.

If you look on the Raging Heroes site, they have a lot of pics that show size comparisons to known bases.

Raging heroes posted a WIP of an Orc Warmaster:

Still no WIP of their evil female regiment though.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

First-Captain

Nice models, but i hate the fact so many moddlers are clearly designing things for Warhammer, which can never be used in a Games workshop store
    For the Greater good.

This is why I recommend joining/starting a games club, if at all possible, so such things don't matter.

Brother-Captain

Gotta admit I'm loving the Standard Bearer they've released to accompany Asharah. Two naked elven princesses chained together and taken into battle as a trophy and to incite her enemies to try and claim them, very cool concept.

Eleriel & Alaniel - Anniversary Edition (28mm)

Utterly beautiful mini.
    Last edited by Brakkart; 03-17-2012 at 06:49 PM.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Yup, bought two, one for my Dark Elf army and one for my Dark Eldar. Really lovely. Looking forward to the blood vestals, too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast