BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default FW Horus Heresy series in the works

From Warseer:
    Quote Originally Posted by SunTzu
    Horus Heresy book, first in a series, based around Isstvan III. To be announced at Games Day (...though not sure whether that's UK or USA).

...I mean, I guess.
    SunTzu has a very good record with FW releases, he had details on on the new WarForge book and a few other things before they were revealed at Games Day.

I just hope it is wrong. I get all the love ofr the HH and I'm all for FW making some pre-Heresy kits and whatnot but I feel the Heresy has been de-mystified enough without having FW making a series of campaigns out of it. Not to mention we already ahve IA which is basically MArines/Guard vs Marines/Guard & sometimes Xenos. Now we get another whole book of Marine vs Marine. Thrilling.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Battle-Brother

Humm this would be not quite in line with what was mentioned at the forge world open day - the next imperial armour book being Minotaurs vs Necrons with guard supporting - the book being designed to show how the imperium reacts to an invasion

With the timescales involved I would guess that IA book would be ready around gamesday so if this was indeed the case then they could be announcing a new project around that time although I would guess that this wouldn't necessarily be including minis as well...

It is a new series, not IA. At least that is how it sounds. It seems to be something FW want to do, Warhammer Forge already has the Big Book series and now the Monstrous Arcanum series.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I admittedly would like to see some of my favourite characters, and the thought of official Pre-Heresy Thousand Sons armour excites me.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Occuli Imperator

On the one hand I like the sound of this as I love the Heresy.
    On the other as EG says "I feel the Heresy has been de-mystified enough without having FW making a series of campaigns out of it". I like to think of Primarchs as being warriors without peer (well aside from the emporer but by this time he is enthroned) and having stats for them would detract from their awesomeness

I don't know if FW would go that far, they'd probably just do the Marines.

Occuli Imperator

Just what we need, there isn't enough SM love

There isn't enough Thousand Sons love.

Occuli Imperator

That's because they are traitors and people don't want to play the bad guy

I love the Thousand Sons!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast