BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Default Forgeworld going mainstream? Forgeworld Codicies?!

[url]http://www.frontlinegaming.org/2012/07/06/forgeworld-imperial-armor-aeronautica-and-a-rumor/[/url]
    Forgeworld has released a new book, Imperial Armor Aeronautica. We got a juicy rumor to go with this!

So, Forgeworld is giving us 6th edition updates to the rules, nice one!The book will be typical Forgeworld high quality and hopefully without typical Forgeworld typos!

I can’t wait to get a Vulture for my IG, what a sweet machine!

But, here is the rumor: a regular of ours talked to GW asking if he could use Forgeworld in tournaments and he told us he was told that YES HE COULD, and that a FAQ for all of the Forgeworld stuff would be released by Games Workshop (not Forgeworld) giving all the pertinent rules to allow them in regular play.

Also, he told us that Forgeworld will be releasing codices that are official and will explore some of the more niche aspects of the GW universe (the example given was a Salamanders Codex). He also said that all Forgeworld product will be sold in GW stores.

This corroborates a LOT of rumors we are hearing about Forgeworld going mainstream from multiple sources. What we hear is that GW is waiting to set up a North American production center so that they will be equiped to meet the anticipated demand that will come with letting FW into regular play.

The rest are my thoughts on this.

ABOUT TIME! We here love FW and have been pushing to get them into regular play, and now it looks like that will happen. Awesome! Hull Points mitigates a lot of the fear people had about overpowering rules, and the rest of it is just cool. The more toys the better, we say!

So wow, this means the meta will get obliterated if true. Allies and Forgeworld will just totally alter the landscape, and it will keep new releases coming out at us WAY faster than before. This also ties in with the “mini-codex” rumors I was told about as that individual also specifically mentioned Forgeworld Codices being released.

I am very excited for this! Think of how much this opens the game up, wow, it will be an entirely new landscape with so many options that literally, no two armies could be the same if you so desired. I am all for it and hope this turns out to be true.

Chaplain

OH my, OH my, I don't know what to do about this, wait I do know and its SCREAM FOR JOY as my main army DKOK will be sold in GWs stores
    Read this www.scribd.com/doc/123508033/Warhammer-40-000-6th-Edition-Codex-Adeptus-Aribites Then fill this out www.surveymonkey.com/s/LCFWXNV thanks

If this is true, I'm going to be very happy. Not being able to assault off the outflank released messed up my ork army. Being able to get thows Flying Trucks for them will help me find a use for all thows kommandoz I converted in 6th ed!
    Warhammer 40k = Emperor's Children(CSM) and Orks.
    Brush Fire: Historia Rodentia= Aquitar, Vandalands, and Ribenguo.

The only thing I am even capable of thinking at the moment is "exodites."

Librarian

This is indeed quite exiting. I can already see mini-codices released for Adeptus Mechanicus, Traitor Guard, Krieg, and a bunch of the Space Marine chapters that FW has been focusing on (Charcharadons, Minotaurs, Red Scorpions, etc).

I'm in. Especially if we can get the models in US dollars without the hefty shipping price or longer wait time.

Aha, finally! Looking forward to seeing what comes from this.

Librarian

If this gets true... Love will come into my space marines with some FW goodies!!!
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar´s Gauntlets

The FW codices thing is plausible. The GW FAQ saying they can be used in regular games is also plausible, though sad it has to come to that. Fact is that is already the case, the only thing stopping it is peoples ridiculous prejudice against FW units.

FW in every GW store is not plausible. FW don't have the production capacity to do that, unless they are going to be taking on heaps of new staff I can't see it happening or else it will be a VERY small sampling of their range to give people an idea of what they can get. By sampling I mean of course Space Marines and IG because nothing else sodding matters.

GW already have a North American production facility. They don't produce FW units because it means having to produce multiples of all the moulds and send them out to the US at great expense. I do not consider this plausible either. The question of a FW production centre in NA comes up on the facebook page every month or so and the answer is the same: not financially or logistically viable.
    Last edited by eldargal; 07-07-2012 at 12:46 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Awesome all my fw will be able to be used in normal games without debate if i can or not! Id love to see a Iron hands/Sons of medusa book!
    Purge the Weak!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    FW in every GW store is not plausible. FW don't have the production capacity to do that, unless they are going to be taking on heaps of new staff I can't see it happening or else it will be a VERY small sampling of their range to give people an idea of what they can get. By sampling I mean of course Space Marines and IG because nothing else sodding matters.
    What is plausible is a "deliver to my local store" option when ordering from FW.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast