BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast
    Brother-Captain

Default Reaper Miniatures Kickstarter: Bones

This Kickstarter thing is spreading it seems. Now Reaper are getting in on the act. they are trying to raise funds to greatly expand the range of their white plastic Bones range.

Details can be found here: [URL="http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1513061270/reaper-miniatures-bones-an-evolution-of-gaming-min"]http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1513061270/reaper-miniatures-bones-an-evolution-of-gaming-min[/URL]

They are doing well. 1/6th of their initial goal met already.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Battle-Brother

hmm i think i need to spend 28$

I've pledged enough to get the Bones line and a Sophie succubus, I didn't want any of the more extravagent pledge things. I do hope they make a lot of their stretch goals. They just hit 30k so funding will go ahead.

Last edited by eldargal; 07-25-2012 at 02:04 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Wait wait wait. They're doing the fire giants as Bones?

Well smack my azz and call me Susan, I may have to pledge just for those.

Though, FWIW, I was less impressed by the Bones line than I'd hoped I be. Now, they're still of pretty great quality for what they are, but the plastic is very much a "toy plastic."

C'est la vie. Still a great deal.

www.queencityguard.com

Brother-Captain

Yeah the Fire Giants was an eye opener, and that's just their 2nd stretch goal. Have a look at the graveyard pic they have up on the Kickstarter and you can see they've planned ahead for a lot more stretch goals to come, so who knows what else we'll see if this continues to go really well.

Hope Avatars of War are watching and taking notes, cos this is how you run a a successful Kickstarter campaign.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Is it possible to contribute from the UK?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Captain

$12K overnight. I thought about it last night, and decided not to, but with the addition of the other minis, I HAD to do this. I love these minis. I was working for a distributor up until last month (my FLGS doubles as a distributor for REaper). I have a couple and they are awesome. These other minis look like a great bunch, and the Fire Giants just top it off.

Now if they'd only add the new Troll King from Dark Heaven.

John M>

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Is it possible to contribute from the UK?
    Yup, I've backed a couple Kickstarter's thus far and I'm in the UK. Some of the rewards for pledges state US/Canada only, but those tend to be the really expensive ones. Most state "Add X amount for International shipping", so be sure to add on top of the amount for the pledge you've picked.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Brakkart View Post
    Yeah the Fire Giants was an eye opener, and that's just their 2nd stretch goal. Have a look at the graveyard pic they have up on the Kickstarter and you can see they've planned ahead for a lot more stretch goals to come, so who knows what else we'll see if this continues to go really well.

Hope Avatars of War are watching and taking notes, cos this is how you run a a successful Kickstarter campaign.
    You know we've yet to hear anything from Felix now a month out, too? Not a word.

I contacted them today requesting to withdrawal my rather large pledge.

www.queencityguard.com

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    You know we've yet to hear anything from Felix now a month out, too? Not a word.

I contacted them today requesting to withdrawal my rather large pledge.
    Yeah I noticed on their Indiegogo page that people are starting to post comments asking for any news. A month after they should at least be able to post up some pics of the sculpts they've done thus far. Instead all we've seen from AoW in the past month is that 4-armed chaos champion, which was nothing to do with the Dwarf army fundraiser. Not at all surprised you want your money back. I doubt you're alone in that either.

Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast