BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New DE FAQ due?

Chapter-Master

Default New DE FAQ due?

Apparantly Phil Kelly mentioned a new DE FAQ due in the near future

Quoted from Faeit 212

via quilava1
    Today I attended Games Day Chicago and had a chance to chat with Phil Kelly himself. I mentioned to him my sadness at the lack of a power fist, as our anti-termie combat weapons are limited to the demiklaives. He started to ask me why I just didn't use a huskblade, but stopped himself mid-sentance. A few minutes later, he told me that a new FAQ was on the way. Finally GW has listened to our pleas and brought the feared terminator down a rung in the ladder of brokenness. Almost asked him about Chaos Marines, but decided not to. Would have loved to see his reaction though
    Look forward to it! Huskblades might have to appear on my Archons from now on
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

That sounds very promising, I also hope they add some of the odd USR here and there, for example DE fliers would be prime targets for Vector Dancer and Mandrakes should really have the Daemon USR.

"Finally GW has listened to our pleas... and brought the Terminator down a rung..."

Do people listen to themselves? "Finally" being "all of four weeks" and "being brought down a rung" by one weapon (which is simply overcosted at AP3). Good news, but man oh man.

New FAQs is good, though! They did say that fuller ones were on their way.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Can Dark Eldar not take power axes or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    Apparently not? Hahahaha!

You speak a good point, why aren't the Dark Eldar players using them? They can take power weapons, and as it states in the BRB, a power weapon can be a power axe. Terminator problem sorted?

Now I want to see an Archon with a Power Axe.
    Last edited by Tzeentch's Dark Agent; 07-30-2012 at 12:41 AM.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Power axes aren't that good to be honest, you're better off shooting them or using hydra gauntlets to make them face as many saves as possible.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I don't get why people moan about Terminators, then again I do play Necrons, nothing is really a problem for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    It doesnt solve the problem.

Initiative is the main defense of the DE, especially in challenges.

So I will admit that DE have problems with 2+ characters.

But the "terminators are broken" song is just exaggerated IMO.

Why not shoot the buggers, why so obsessed with AP2 cc weapons?

Pain engines are AP2.

Reavers with caltrops put a world of hurt on them, and they cant retaliate

A ravager with desintegrator cannons will rip into those terminators.

Blood brides with three shardnets, get each net in cc with two terminators or team up on the special weapons so they put down very few attacks.

Or simply outmaneuver them, pop their landraider (that is now infinitely easier to do!) and use the DE speed.

DE are about a plan so cunning you can put a tail on it and call it a weasel.

They are not about brute force.
    To will, to know, to dare, to win.

Brother-Sergeant

I think that the point is less that terminators are a problem and more that the 'biggest and baddest' HQs from just about any race should have access to AP2 weaponry so that they can stand toe-to-toe with kitted-out marine HQs. In the DE's case, this should certainly apply to characters like Vect, and for an Archon, should you wish to throw enough points into it.

But they do have AP2 CC weapons, Power Axes....

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast