BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cypher Rules?

Default Cypher Rules?

So I'm currently playing in a ten weeke campaign and I'm usnign my Dark Angels as the Fallen for the campaign. I'm curious if anyone has or knows where I can find the rules for Cypher as I would like to include him in a couple of misisons against another DA player.
    I've used a set of rules that I had from many years ago but I'm looking for a set that have been updated for 5th edition. If you know where within WD or a codex that has the updated rules that would be great.

Thx,

FH

Librarian

The last set of rules of Cypher that I know of, is in the (very) old 3rd ed. Chaos Codex. He's just a figure of myth in the fluff now.
    I mean, Dark Angels don't even have 'hunt the fallen' rules anymore. They're just more costly green marines [unless you take a death/raven-wing force].

I could very well be wrong; and hopefully a more enlightened gamer can point you in the right direction.

Yeah, I have the rules from 3rd edition but I thought that they published and updated version in WD or something a few years ago. Also, I'm getting ready to run a Greenwing list using the SM Codex but we just thought it would be nice to have Cypher in a game between the two opposing DA players; just seems fluffy.

Hopefully, someone can direct me to an updated set of rules that I can use.

The most recent revision of rules for Cypher I believe I have seen were from the Heroes and Villains of the 41st Millennium White Dwarf article ("Heroes and Villains of the 41st Millennium – Cypher, the Fallen Angel". White Dwarf: Australian Edition (281). May 2003. ISSN 0265-8712)

Pretty sure posting those stats here is a breach of like six hundred grillion forum rules, international laws, and handshake agreements... so I won't.
    Rust, Dust & Ceramite - http://ceramite.blogspot.com

Thanks that's what I was lookiing for... I'll dig out that issue of WD when I get home this evening, with luck it was in the US editiona as well. I appreciate your help with this guys.

Brother-Sergeant

It is. I'm pretty sure it's in US WD 281 as well. I know it has a picture of a Lizardman Slann on the cover. He's not quite as good in 5th as he was in the last (some of his rules don't transfer right), but the real gem is that he lets you take Chaos Space Marines in IG or CSM armies with ATSKNF. Hope that helps.

Chapter-Master

Just take his old rules, and adapt them to 5th edition... pass that by your group and see if they'll let you use him.

I would.
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

Ok..thx for your help, I found the rules in issue 280 - May 2003 of the US edition and after reviewing them, I noticed he doesn’t have an invulnerable save. You would think that since he was a special character that he would have some type of invulnerable save or eternal warrior to prevent instant death or at least a chance to avoid it.

His rule Divine Protection appears to be not applicable in 5th edition because Dark Angels no longer have the Hunt the Fallen rule.

What would you guys suggest as a replacement for Divine Protection? If anything…

Occuli Imperator

What exactley does divine protection do?

Duke

Veteran-Sergeant

Some friends and I dusted off Cypher a few months back. We had to tweak a few of his rules (gunslinger needed a bit of work, too), but we found it wasn't too hard to come up with something agreeable.

This was our final decision on divine protection. Since it's a house rule, I don't think I'm breaking anything posting it here.

Divine Protection—While no one knows what it may be, there is undeniably a greater power watching out for Cypher. He has a 5+ invulnerable save. In addition, the opposing player may never claim a kill point for Cypher, as he vanishes in a wisp of smoke, spirited away by his mysterious guardians.
    Exitus Acta Probat
    http://thegrimcheapness.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast