BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Crystal Skull Tomb Kings

My tomb Kings army. I think bone is boring and wanted something different so I went with a Crystal Skull construct theme.

This is all still very WIP. I do like that the bright blueish skulls stand out. I think it is a visually interesting army to look at. I am going to custom build some chariots and several other units, but this is a decent start I have been working on off and on for about a year or so now. I saw Big Reds post and figured I would add mine to the WIP sections since one of this is finished. Mostly I am going for a decent looking army, not Golden Demon standards. I have little enough time to get my Golden Demon entries complete, so this is mostly something to work on and have fun with whenI need a break from one of my serios entry models that I have been staring at and working on for 30 or so hours.

Bowmen

Tomb Guard

Last edited by GAR; 04-15-2010 at 09:34 AM.

Tomb Scorpion Conversions

Bone Giant #1

Bone Giant #2

Brother-Captain

Looking good. You've got a very nice 'gritty' feel going there. I've always enjoyed looking at a painted TK army - my favorate undead! And far more interesting then vampires!
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

Brother-Sergeant

Wow, those are amazing! I love to collect Tomb Kings even though I only play 40k and those look just awesome!

Chaplain

I like how you've used the one Scorpion to make two. Saves having to put together one of the fiddliest models ever.
    PS, the skulls are pretty
    You think running with scissors is dangerous? Try sky diving with them!

I love your tomb guard. Really nice! It has opened up some ideas for me. Thanks!

Veteran-Sergeant

very nicely done, looks much better then standard bone. Has that strange glow of dark magic.
    SATAN in our lives is noted, all his vices often quoted and though he serves a spendid feast, at the table's head still sits the BEAST!!!!!!!!

This looks fantastic. Would you mind sharing how you do your gold please? Mine looks really fake compared to yours.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast