BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 149 of 300 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199249 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 2994

Oh man. What did my offhand comment on the superiority of Shuriken spawn while I was at work?

The question of whether you should use real science in Sci-Fi is just a category error. Of course good science makes great Sci-Fi.

Too bad 40k has never been Sci-Fi. It's always been a Future Fantasy. That's why battles are still fought WWII style. They have to come up with a lot of excuses for things to not be resolved by orbital bombardment.

Chapter-Master

......Anyway, I'm looking forward to when the iBook preview for the codex pops up if it is anywhere near as revealing as the High Elf one. If we can see all the special rules, we should be able to determine very quickly what the Wraithknight is/does; if there is a special rule that allows it to fire more weapons than normal, clearly it will be a monstrous creature.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

We know for certain it's an MC - Kirby over at 3++ read the battle report in the White Dwarf and saw a reference to wounds, and also mentioned that a squad of Necron Destroyers opened up on it and didn't inflict a single wound (T8? 4++?)

Also - the Avatar was present in the batrep with his rumoured better stats but there was no mention of them, so they must not be that much more remarkable... though, for his age, he's a pretty baller MC in 6th edition.

More important to me at this point are all the things not covered by the White Dwarf leak - Guardians, Shuriken weapon range/statline, Harlequins, and Maugan Ra!

When is this stuff hitting the shelf for pre-order.....I want it NOW !!!!!!!!!

Reposting from 4chan. Take all this with a grain of salt....

greetings guys. i got a information sheet in my hands that all GW stores have been send to.

it containis "reasons to buy the new eldar releases"

the points are :
    Codex Eldar :
    - craftworld ships will be introduced
    - new special rules for many eldar units. old nemesis (slaanesh) and battle trance (running and shooting)
    -multiple exarch abilitys, options and equipment

Wraithknight (heavy support 240 points)
    -Strong Profile (s10 T8 W6 AS 3+, Jumppack
    - 2 heavy phantom lasers (23" S10 AP 2 instant death on wound rolls of 6)
    - alternative equipment possible - for example close combat weapons with a 5+ invul and blind special rule or a S6 5" Blast with ap 2. with 5+ invul and blind special rule.

Somach Phantomhunter (may be spelled wrongly my pic is a bit blurry there) (fast attack 185 points)
    -psyker with the terrify psychic power
    - 2 blast weapons with ap 2
    - enemy units within 12" have to reroll succesful ld tests.

crimson hunters (fast attack 160 points)
    - aspect warriors with strong exarch upgrades
    - may reroll armor pen rolls against flyers
    -vector dancer

wraithguard /wraithblades (elite 160 points 5 models):
    - strong profile with S5 T 6 as 3+
    -wraithblades got 2 close combat weapons with ap 3 and +1 S or can get a 4+ invul with a single ap 2 weapon
    -runeseer can mark targets, every wraith unit can reroll missed to hit rolls of 1 against marked targets.
    -if you select a runeseer as HQ, they become troops

ilic nightspear (hq 140 points):
    -alaitoc charactermodel that allows ranger units the pathfinder upgrade.
    - has 9 special rules - one of them allows ranger units to infiltrate without the range restrictions to enemy units.
    - bs 9 48" Sx ap 2 instant death on wound rolls of 6
    other new releases for eldar : phantomseer, runeprophet and cards for psychic powers.:
    - 3 different kinds of psykers (seer council, phantomseer, runeprophet)
    -divination, telepathy and 2 own psychic disciplines: runes of battle and runes of fate (for rune prophet and runeseer)
    - runes of battle have always 2 effects, for example granting shrouded or taking shrouded off the enemy unit.
    -runes of fate : 4 warpcharges, 2 powers, very strong and offensive

that is all that is posted on the letter the GW stores had been send too. hope it gives some insight.
    Hope this is useful I was hoping for a 2+ save on the Wraith Knight, but I think it's still a cool model. Jump pack is kinda interesting.

Part od me wishes they had made it a little smaller now, as it looks too big for it to be a 'monstrous creature.'

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by IronZOGZ View Post
    We know for certain it's an MC - Kirby over at 3++ read the battle report in the White Dwarf and saw a reference to wounds, and also mentioned that a squad of Necron Destroyers opened up on it and didn't inflict a single wound (T8? 4++?)

Also - the Avatar was present in the batrep with his rumoured better stats but there was no mention of them, so they must not be that much more remarkable... though, for his age, he's a pretty baller MC in 6th edition.

More important to me at this point are all the things not covered by the White Dwarf leak - Guardians, Shuriken weapon range/statline, Harlequins, and Maugan Ra!
    Yeah I saw that, but I am still a bit skeptical - it is logical for it to be a monstrous creature, and I am confident it is, but I am still worried haha. It actually wasn't the Wraithknight that the Destroyers opened up on from what I saw; it was a Wraithlord, which would indicate that the Wraithlord hasn't changed much - it might be Toughness seven now, though.

Given that it is a Phil Kelly codex, and having seen what he has done with the monstrous creatures for Chaos (both varieties), I am expecting the Avatar to have stats similar either to a Bloodthirster or the Daemon Prince (most likely the former). With the addition of Fleet and the stat line it has, I would expect it to be getting a price increase though - particularly if it still Toughness six and has more wounds than before. If it is WS10 BS10 S6 T6 W5 I9 A5 LD10 3+ 4++ with Fleet and (maybe) Eternal Warrior then I will be stoked, personally. We will see though.
    Check out my blog!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Maxis Lithium View Post
    Reposting from 4chan. Take all this with a grain of salt....

Hope this is useful I was hoping for a 2+ save on the Wraith Knight, but I think it's still a cool model. Jump pack is kinda interesting.

Part od me wishes they had made it a little smaller now, as it looks too big for it to be a 'monstrous creature.'
    That looks accurate to me, as it goes with what we already know. The different names indicate that these would have been sent to a non-English speaking territory, or at least a nation where English isn't the primary language. No doubt a lot of people will be disappointed with the Wraithknights armour save, but if it moves like a jump pack unit (probably in keeping with its gargantuan creature size) then that will be good. The Phantom Lances look to be designed to kill monstrous creatures with that 6 to wound is instant death. As we expected, Ancient Doom relates to Slaanesh. Wraithblades look decent actually, and a slight price drop to the Wraithguard/blades is nice. Strength six with three/four attacks each on the charge at AP3 is nasty, as is having a 4+ invulnerable save with an AP2 weapon (Lychguard that pulled a switcheroo, anyone?).

Interesting that Ilic is required to make Rangers into Pathfinders. His sniper sounds nasty, but it seems like it isn't the one found in the artefacts section (perhaps that is one you can purchase for an Autarch?).
    Nice rumours, and they don't sound too implausible.
    Check out my blog!

Scout

German "translation"
    Runenprophet is Farseer, Phantom-... is Wraith-...

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by deinol View Post
    Oh man. What did my offhand comment on the superiority of Shuriken spawn while I was at work?
    No, it was someone else who claimed that Shuriken weapons were more realistic than Bolters.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxis Lithium View Post
    It'll be great, until you come up against Dark Eldar. Or Kroot snipers. Then, poor Wraithknight.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

Eh, it is still tough as hell against armies that don't feature either snipers or poison in abundance (much more common than you think) and it isn't prohibitively expensive, so it should do just fine for the most part.
    Wow, the Australian prices are very fair. $125 for the Wraithknight given that it is 9" tall and has a tonne of options, as opposed to the 4.5" tall Riptide at $90 is fantastic. Dire Avengers got a $7 price drop, but still....eh. $55 for five Wraithguard/blades is a great deal - given their size and options, I expected them to be Terminator-priced at $74. The flyer and the characters are all priced as one would expect. All in all, I think GW are getting the prices right in Australia....at least by not increasing them.

According to someone on 4chan, the Ancient Doom rule grants Hatred of Slaanesh Daemons, but makes any Fear test against Slaanesh Daemons suffer a -1 modifier.
    I am very interested to see what stat line the Avatar and the Phoenix Lords get, given the Greater Daemon/Daemon Prince treatment.
    Last edited by Learn2Eel; 05-23-2013 at 09:46 PM.
    Check out my blog!