BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default DnD Collectors Series Miniatures by Galeforce Nine

Available [URL="http://www.flamesofwar.com/gf9online_store.aspx?CategoryID=13389"]here[/URL].
    70NZD= 36GBP & 50USD.

Resin & unpainted.

Quote Originally Posted by Kroothawk @ Dakkadakka
    First releases will be:
    1.) Large Eye Tyrant
    2.) Purple Worm
    3.) Illithid Raiding party (Illithid Mage, Illithid Warrior, Gnoll, Duergar, and Brain Eater)
    4.) Drow War Party (Mage, Priestess, Archer, Warrior and Rogue), Priestess not yet sculpted.
    5.) Lolth in human form.

Two terrain sets fit this release: Caverns of the Underground (Stalagmites) and violet Energon Crystals.

Ilithid War Party:
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Drow War Party:

Lolth, Spider Godess:

Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Some size comparisons/extra pictures:

I like the Drow rogue, not so keen on the archer:

Don't really care for the warrior, mage is ok:

Brother-Captain

Nice find EG! Those are some pretty impressive figures, especially that Beholder! Not liking the drow warrior much either (is it just me or does he look hunchbacked?) and the Mind Flayer Warrior is an odd figure as Illithid's tend to relegate mundane fighting to their mind-controlled slaves rather than get stuck in themselves.

Not cheap though are they, that Beholder is £40 and the Purple Worm is £25. £40 too for each of the warbands.

EDIT: Hmmm found this bit of info on GF9's site about this range too, seems they are all limited releases and when they are gone, they're gone:

It is not just the high quality of models that will set these figures apart in the miniature world but they are also limited edition sets! We felt that given the breadth of worlds and the near endless list of models we could make we did not want to have an ever expanding range but one that each month had a couple of new codes added to it but also had some earlier codes selling out. As part of the plan to deliver this limited edition range to market we have joined in partnership with a select group of stores around the world who will be our D&D Exclusive Retailers. These stores will be the only place to get your models from, obviously us too, and we will be working with them closely to help them deliver this range to you. With limited run sizes between, 1000 - 2000 per code, pre-ordering with your closest store will be essential and given the first two months of releases for January and February are now up for pre-order get in touch with your store today if you want to make sure to get your hands on the first of the Underdark series of codes.
    Also some info about what to expect next in this line:

The next thing you will all be asking is what’s next and although you won’t get a detailed update until early next year it is easy to say that you won’t have to wait long until you see Lolth in Spider Form, your first Dragon and Giant and a dark skinned ranger and famous wizard as well. We have only just started with this range but have the first dozen projects almost complete so stay tuned for more images and information as we surprise you every month with what we have planned.
    Last edited by Brakkart; 12-18-2012 at 12:43 AM.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Indeed, prices are on a par with GW roughly and the sculpts aren't quite as nice, so expensive. I like enough the the Drow (priestess, rogue and mage) to be tempted to buy them but when I can get individual drow from Reaper for less it's hard to justify. The Eye Tyrant, on the other hand, I love and will be getting even at 46/40GBP. Numbers are limited and I'm not sure what retailers here will be getting them, I know only a few in the US are.

Brother-Captain

Yeah the Eye Tyrant is the stand out figure of that lot. The Purple Worm is very nice too, but I've got 3 of the ones from the old D&D Pre-Painted Mini's line and Reaper do one too in their Bones line for like $3 so not tempted by that. The Underdark terrain set is very tempting though as would make good alien world terrain for 40k.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Daemon-Prince

If they were not pre-painted i would be interested in buying them to taunt local D&D players with at the local Nerd bar.........Then again i would also buy any dragon that is sculpted to that quality! (Gold Dragons FTW! Oh and Night Dragons)
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

They look cool darling, a lot better than some of the other sculpts that I have seen.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by White Tiger88 View Post
    If they were not pre-painted i would be interested in buying them to taunt local D&D players with at the local Nerd bar.........Then again i would also buy any dragon that is sculpted to that quality! (Gold Dragons FTW! Oh and Night Dragons)
    Only the 3D terrain set is pre-painted, the actual figures aren't.

Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    They look cool darling, a lot better than some of the other sculpts that I have seen.
    Well compared to the Wizard sculpts they rock for sure........hell i still have almost every single wizard Dragon model they made and these are 100% better..... (You could opened boosters from WoC and get models with chipped paint and no card) Also im not darling....... Why not say Eldargal :3 she is after all the forum eldar queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Brakkart View Post
    Only the 3D terrain set is pre-painted, the actual figures aren't.
    Ok that is pretty awesome then good sir.
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast