BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Librarian

Default the wraithknight is not new!

yes i know and remember the knights from epic...

but this is not what i am on about......

hidden in plain sight, for the past edition the WK has been sneakily right in front of our eyes!

i was sitting as you do on the 'reading throne' and as i closed the book to finish my business, i noticed something now very familiar, something i thought that was strange all along......
    the 'wraithlord' behind and left of the autarch on the codex cover has never looked right as a WL, its too big (compared to the WL to the right) and its weapons are on its forearms....

then it hit me, the WK has been here all along! its been on the eldar codex this whole time and we never questioned it!

Brother-Captain

Huh well what do you know, it sure does look like a Wraithknight there on the old codex cover!
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Fly Lord

I agree - very, very sneaky GW!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wraithknight-cover-2006.jpg 
Views:	411 
Size:	104.1 KB 
ID:	4126
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Iron Father

I always assumed it was a Titan, but now ? Cpt Codpiece I tip my hat off to you sir.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Battle-Brother

Ha...great observation!!!

Librarian

i always assumed the comments of "we have these cool ideas up our sleeves and we have art and stuff ready, we just cant produce the models yet" was just blowing smoke....

but after this i am indeed scratching my head as to what else is hidden..... like the plastic trygon was for a few months, in plain sight.

i have been trawling through the JG art stuff and a few aspect ideas have popped up from 2005, like exarchs with half helms (like illics) and funky wargear.... so im wondering will there be a wave of aspects coming in a few months..... once we all sell a kidney to buy the new eldar gear, and we all know JG has been doing jet bikes since the DE were redone.

just keep an eye out for art that we may have missed/idly overlooked, both for orks and IG/sissies as they are hotly rumoured.

There's another piece that I just found.

On the old tau codex, the sensor suite (or 'head') on the suit that's standing behind the Ethereal. We were staring at the new head style all these years and didn't know it.

Librarian

yup i saw that, but the tau commander had a similar head, the ethereal however has the fireblade armour with the robes

Sorry to burst your bubble, but in the WD, Jes Goodwin's first concept sketches date from 2007, a year after this book was published (and probably two or three years after the artwork was drawn).

Not saying it might be based on a rough idea of a 'large WL model', but it's almost certainly not the WK we know today.

This isn't GW being playful with planned releases. They are simply looking at their past artwork/models/lore/anything for inspiration on the new stuff; this is a common practice.

They look to the past, see something cool that they can make a new model for, and get the fun "they planned it the whole time" reaction for free. They retroactively create the easter egg, like many others do in all facets of entertainment.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast