BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by ted1138 View Post
    They're already more than half way to raising $25k on their Kickstarter project...
    massive coincidence that their "new" products are being "funded" by kickstarter.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Occuli Imperator

I'm nto really sure what the kickstarter is actually for, looking at the rendering, they are already designed so it is just the cost of production to consider, which should be covered by the base cost of the items..
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    I'm nto really sure what the kickstarter is actually for, looking at the rendering, they are already designed so it is just the cost of production to consider, which should be covered by the base cost of the items..
    Not according to GW? :P GW loyalists or workers always say they have to pay of the research and mild costs, even though some of them are over 10 years old and still keep raising prices.

Wouldn't it be funny if CH is just doing what GW claims? LOL
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    massive coincidence that their "new" products are being "funded" by kickstarter.
    Sooo, what are you implying here? im los

That perhaps CH have found a constructive way to pay their legal bill I'd imagine...

No sure how else you'd interpret that statement.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by HsojVvad View Post
    Not according to GW? :P GW loyalists or workers always say they have to pay of the research and mild costs, even though some of them are over 10 years old and still keep raising prices.

I think its funny that you didn't realise that his point was that CHS has already done the development and as such has already has a debt associated with that cost that should be a factor of the pricing of the miniatures as such the only "fundraising" that should be left would be for the production materials themselves, which is the cheap part.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Crevab View Post
    Sooo, what are you implying here? im los
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    That perhaps CH have found a constructive way to pay their legal bill I'd imagine...

Yeah Mystery I thought it was quite clear really?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by HsojVvad View Post

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    I think its funny that you didn't realise that his point was that CHS has already done the development and as such has already has a debt associated with that cost that should be a factor of the pricing of the miniatures as such the only "fundraising" that should be left would be for the production materials themselves, which is the cheap part.
    HsojVvad, aside from what daboarder cites which is absolutely true, do you really think that the cost the GW have is just the cost of research and development?
    The bricks and motar stores world wide require ground rent and local taxes, which GW pays unlike certain other multinationals who obsfucate their sales through specific countires for alleged tax relief, such as the practice of Apple, Amazon, Starbucks etc.
    Then there is the cost of staff wages, all those brick and mortar stores have people in them, sometimes they may be only 1 man stores but that is still a cost.
    All those stores also require electricity, telephony and insurance.
    Then all those staff require payroll and HR
    Then GW also bears the cost of shipping to those locations centrally and fuel prices have not remained static over the last 10 years, and in the UK is one of the fastest rising costs.
    Then at GW HQ, there is all the required staffing of distribution managers, the pickers, packagers, the catering staff, it's rent, the on-going maintence of the machinery.
    This is the on going cost of miniatures already in production. Now, I might be behind the curve but I haven't seen a CHS shop.

My point is that I am unsure why such a well defined product, which only requires masters being made, then casting up, requires such a large price given. Now if it were some one man band who had some concept scetches and whose business was not miniature producing, then yes I can see the requirement of it, but given this is a company with several years experiance of bringing designs from concepts to actual products and it is their livelihood, I find it a bit disengenious. Imagine the forums' reaction if GW launched a kickstarter campaign for a new race, or somesuch.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post

They are treating KS just the same as most other companies do, "here's some renders, help us get production up and running" all the way up to "here's the finished product, help us get the first production run going". Yes it's happened just after the court case, but that could also be because now they know what they can do they've started the new production in earnest and are trying to crowdfunding that's worked so well for other companies.

I doubt it's constructed purely to pay the legal bill. But even if it was, what's the problem? It's a legitimate source of revenue.

Occuli Imperator

Hyperbole police, most companies do not use Kickstarter.

Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast