BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 28 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    Doom of malan'tai, Spore Pods, Genestealer Cult, Lost and the Damned, Nuadhu Fireheart, Chaos Cult Terminators, Chaos Cult Cybots, Iyanna Arienal, Doomrider, N'Kari, Beastmen, Squads, Harlequin Venom, Necron Pariah,...
    Just to mention a few.
    the first two didn't have a model
    Genestealer cult was a few units from Rogue Trader and didn't get new models after that but yeah I suppose you could count them
    lost and the damned didn't really have models and can now be used in 6th edition, allying chaos to IG
    Nuandhu hasn't ever had a model
    chaos cult terminators are available from FW and can be used as regular Chaos Terminators with Marks
    I've never heard of cybots and can't find anything on them
    Iyanna is mentioned in the supplement but never had a model either
    doomrider yes, finally had a model and isn't in the rules but can still be used as a chaos champion on a bike
    N'kari was never a unit in the game
    Beastmen are still in the WFB but if you mean IG Abhuman regiments, you could still use those as IG and people do, Victoria Miniatures make some lovely ones.
    Squats, again, no new 40k models since Rogue Trader but yeah, I guess so, but there were only ever about 4 people with Squat armies
    Venoms are still in the game
    Necron Pariah's ok, this is the first real unit that has been taken out of the game, you could still use the models as Lychguard as they both have the same weapons.

So, there is not much there that you would have bought in the last 20 years that you couldn't use in an army today.

honestly, all that i want is a supplement codex 'tank company'

man, that would be pretty cool. I don't care for your meltas and me not being able to score top positions in any tournament with that codex, but it would be cool to use. Leave those footsloggers at home, use all tanks. I mean, that's what it's all about, isn't it?

And yes, there would be enough content for such a supplement.
    Additional skills available for HQ and elite choices.
    Hell, maybe the possibility to take 0-1 Baneblades as your HQ. At least that would be fitting.
    You could include some Forgeworld variants like the Destroyer as an Elite or the Thunderer as a heavy support choice.
    How about some pilots for your battle tanks? If there's a Pask, there may be other (newly invented) skilled commanders, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Roman Himmelhan View Post
    honestly, all that i want is a supplement codex 'tank company'

man, that would be pretty cool. I don't care for your meltas and me not being able to score top positions in any tournament with that codex, but it would be cool to use. Leave those footsloggers at home, use all tanks. I mean, that's what it's all about, isn't it?

And yes, there would be enough content for such a supplement.
    Additional skills available for HQ and elite choices.
    Hell, maybe the possibility to take 0-1 Baneblades as your HQ. At least that would be fitting.
    You could include some Forgeworld variants like the Destroyer as an Elite or the Thunderer as a heavy support choice.
    How about some pilots for your battle tanks? If there's a Pask, there may be other (newly invented) skilled commanders, too.
    Look no further than Imperial Armour #1 second edition, it literally has EVERYTHING you just requested and its totally legit

Fly Lord

Imperial Guard Latest 3-7-2014
    Week 1: three kits:

- Ogryns/Bullgryns plastic combo-kit (one unit with ranged weapons, the other with giant shields and close combat weapons)
    - Stormtroopers/Veterans combo-kit
    - Unseen "Big transport" kit.

This new vehicle is said to be able to move entire squads of Ogryns and other stuff (so apparently more transport space than the Chimera). This kit is said to be roughly Land Raider sized. Previous "big tank" chatter over a month ago has also described it as being influenced by the Forgeworld Malcador's design.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Battle-Brother

Cool! Sounds good Bigred
    I look forward to those great models
    A big Transport would be awesome and if the new Ogryns are cool enough I might finally add some to my army!
    Last edited by Red Angel; 03-06-2014 at 10:15 PM.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    Imperial Guard Latest 3-7-2014
    Cool! Sounds good Bigred
    I look forward to those great models
    A big Transport would be awesome and if the new Ogryns are cool enough I might finally add some to my army!

Librarian

Sword n' Board Ogryns???? I would love a unit or two of those!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by generalchaos34 View Post
    Look no further than Imperial Armour #1 second edition, it literally has EVERYTHING you just requested and its totally legit
    Been talking to Reecius on Frontline, and it sounds like the odds of them allowing Forgeworld army lists is getting pretty good, too. Once they do it, more people will start allowing it as well.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Veteran-Sergeant

I really hate them releasing models before the codex.

"Yay! New models! Wait...what do I put on them?"

Quote Originally Posted by Galadren View Post
    I really hate them releasing models before the codex.

"Yay! New models! Wait...what do I put on them?"
    You know you could just wait a week if you are that concerned.

I for one am looking forward to IG, even though I can't really afford to start a new army. But an allied contingent might be fun...

Page 28 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast