BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Default Grav weapons and vehicles

Hey everyone. Been seeing a lot of people saying that vehicles don't get cover saves vs grav weapons since it technically doesn't cause a pen/glance result. Just wondering if everyone is in consensus with this or if there is some dissension to this. Also does this mean they wouldn't get invul saves either?

I'm of the opinion that they don't get cover or invulnerable saves, for the reason you describe. If we get a FAQ to the contrary I won't be super surprised, but until and unless that happens I think it's pretty clear that grav weapons don't penetrate armor, and thus vehicles can take neither cover nor invulnerable saves against them.

If you have to use the word "technically"...

First-Captain

well, RAW says you don't, while common sense suggests you do (infantry get cover after all...)
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Though if this is true they wouldn't get re rerolls from tank hunter if there Imperial Fists, I am ok with that lol.

Chaplain

Except Dev Centurions already get rerolls for having grav amps anyway!

Yes, the existence of the grav-amp should be a clue.

If this is not a penetration result, then why do they get re-rolls to penetrate?

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    If this is not a penetration result, then why do they get re-rolls to penetrate?
    I can't tell if I'm agreeing or disagreeing with you, but:

Grav-amps say "When rolling to Wound with a grav-weapon, or to determine its effects on a vehicle, the bearer can re-roll the result."

The fact that it says "its effects on a vehicle" rather than something like "failed penetration rolls" is further evidence to me that grav weapons don't cause penetrating or glancing hits at all.

Chapter-Master

Then tell them they don't get to reroll penetration from grav amps.
    Last edited by DarkLink; 09-09-2013 at 11:54 AM.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    It is explicitly a to penetrate roll. Someone is being a dumbass.
    Have to disagree with you here. To me it sounds like it is explicitly NOT a to penetrate roll.

Another thing I saw on warseer: since it causes an immobilized result if you roll 2 6s does that cause 3 hps? Two for each 6 and then another for an additional immobilized result.

Edit: forgot to mention my reasoning for lack of saves. It's an effect in the same vein as a failed dangerous terrain test and cover saves can't be taken against those.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast